Is it possible to strip off password from the password protected PDF and save?

Hi,

I am using Aspose PDF .Net 16.10.1.0 (Licensed) version and would like to know, is it possible to load a password protected PDF & strip off password and save it back to PDF? My application receives PDF documents from different sources over web and I need to upload to a central repository with out passwords on these PDFs.

Appreciate your help.

Thanks,
Phanendra

Hi Phanendra,

Thanks for contacting support.

Aspose.Pdf for .NET supports the feature to remove password from PDF file but in order to accomplish this feature, first the API needs to open the PDF file using password through which it was encrypted, else the API may encounter issue while opening the document.

Hi,

Thank you for your response. My system do NOT know password of PDF as these PDFs files are uploaded by consumers via different sources and ends up in my system. My system need to remove password and store PDFs for federal compliance/regulation requirements.

Please let me know this can be doneā€¦
I know PDFTron software does this but wanted to check with Aspose.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Phanendra,

Thanks for sharing the details.

I am afraid the requested feature is currently not supported. However for the sake of correction, I have logged it as PDFNET-41812 in our issue tracking system. We will further look into the details of this requirement and will keep you updated on the status of correction. Please be patient and spare us little time. We are sorry for this inconvenience.

As a workaround, you may consider using following code snippet on How to - determine if the source PDF is password protected.

Thank you.

Hope you will be able to resolve this soon. Otherwise as part of road map, I need to consider software tool consolidation to stick to single software which does everything I need.

Thanks.

Hi Phanendra,

Thanks for contacting support.

The product team will start investigating the issue as per development schedule and as soon as we have some definite updates regarding its implementation, we will let you know.

Please be patient and spare us little time.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as ) have been fixed in this update. This message was posted using BugNotificationTool from Downloads module by MuzammilKhan