Is there a way to know how much has been converted?

Hey,

In order to implement some kind of a progress bar:

currently the conversion is 1 funcation that returns when the conversion ends, if it takes time - i have no way to know how much was completed.

Am i missing something? is there a way to add a delegate that will be called within the conversion and report the status?

thanks!
1 Like

Hi Eyalb,

Thanks for your inquiry.

Aspose.Words does not offer any control for progress bar while conversion of document. However, you can easily create progress bar and add it into your code by using .NET code. Please read following web links for your kind reference. Hope this helps you.

Moreover, please note that Aspose.Words for .NET is a class library that enables your applications to perform a great range of document processing tasks. Aspose.Words supports DOC, DOCX, RTF, HTML, OpenDocument, PDF, XPS, EPUB and other formats. With Aspose.Words you can generate, modify, convert, render and print documents without utilizing Microsoft Word®.

Hey, i think you might have misunderstood,

we know how to create a progress bar, but we cannot update it well…

when we want to convert a document to PDF for example (or other formats), we prepare Aspose data and then issue a method that does the covert.

this method might take 5 minutes for example (for big document), and we have no information of which step in the convert it is in, so we need an event that will be called while this convert takes place.

to make it abstract, we would like something like this:

Your convert method:
…
…
event ConvertInProgress(long converted, long size)
long sizeOfFile = …;
long currentConvertedSize = 0;
while (not end of convert)
{
// do convert
currentConvertedSize += converted size.
ConvertInProgress(currentConvertedSize, sizeOfFile); // i will be able to register to this and get notification
}

Hi Eyalb,

Thanks for sharing the detail. Unfortunately, there is no way to know how much time you should wait before the conversion ends. We will consider adding a Callback event that notifies you the progress of conversion. I linked your request to the appropriate issue (WORDSNET-7187) in our issue tracking system and you will be notified as soon as this feature is supported.

In the meantime you create a very basic loading bar yourself. You can use AJAX to implement the actual loading mechanics, we have example code of this here.

It would be great if you please share which Aspose components you are using. If you are using Aspose.Words, please share to which file format you are converting your MS Word documents.

Thanks, we’d love to have this feature,

we are using all components:
Aspose.Cells, Aspose.Pdf, Aspose.Slides, Aspose.Words

also, we are doing conversions to pdf, pdf with watermark, pdf with images, to images.
we are converting all types of documents supported (doc/xls/tiffs, etc…)

we already have an ajax loading mechanic, but for large files it’s not that of a good indicator.
thanks!

Hi Eyalb,

I am representing Aspose.Slides and like to share that the requested progress bar support is unfortunately unavailable in Aspose.Slides for .NET as well for PPT to PDF conversion. I have created an issue with ID SLIDESNET-34681 as new feature request to investigate the possibility of implementing the requested feature support by some call back mechanism as shared by Aspose.Words team member. This thread has been linked with the issue so that we may inform you as soon as the issue will be resolved.

Many Thanks,

Hi,

I would like to address your issue from Aspose.Cells perspective.

The feature is also not available in Aspose.Cells either. However, we will check if we can support for adding some sort of Callback event/mechanism that may notify you the progress of conversion (e.g. Excel to PDF) etc. I have logged a ticket with an id “CELLSNET-42029” for your issue. We will look into it soon.

Once we have any update on it, we will let you know here.

Thank you.

Hi Eyalb,

Thanks for contacting support.

I would like to answer from Aspose.Pdf perspective. I am afraid the requested feature is
currently not supported but for the sake of implementation, I have logged this
requirement in our issue tracking system under New Features list as
PDFNEWNET-35843.
We will further investigate this requirement in details and will keep you
updated on the status of a correction.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

Hi, All,

Was this request reviewed again along with your future features?
In my opinion this will be very helpful for us and other customers of Aspose.

Thanks,

Hi Eyalb,

Thanks for your patience.

I would like to answer from PDFNEWNET-35843. The development team has been busy resolving other priority issues and I am afraid the above stated requirement is not yet accomplished. Please note that as a normal rule of practice, the issues/feature requests logged under ES/PS have high precedence in terms of resolution/implementation as compare to issues/feature requests logged under normal support forums. Nevertheless, as soon as we have made some further progress towards its implementation, we would be more than happy to update you with the status of correction.

Please be patient and spare us little time.

Hi Eyalb,

I like to share that requested support for adding the progress bar while exporting presentation to PDF is still unavailable in Aspose.Slides for .NET at the moment. We are hopeful to implement the requested feature support during Q2 of 2014. We will share the feedback with you as soon as the requested support will be available in Aspose.Slides.

Many Thanks,
Hi Eyalb,

Thanks for your patience. I would like to answer your query from Aspose.Words perspective.

I am afraid this feature (WORDSNET-7187) has now been postponed till a later date due to some other important issues and new features. We will inform you as soon as there are any further developments.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

1 Like
Hi,

I would like to update you from Aspose.Cells perspective.

I am afraid this feature (logged as "CELLSNET-42029") is still pending for analysis and it might be done after some time. Once we analyse the feature and its feasibility we will be in better position to update you on it if this can be supported or not.

Once we have any update on it, we will let you know here.

Sorry for any inconvenience caused!

The issues you have found earlier (filed as PDFNEWNET-35843) have been fixed in Aspose.Pdf for .NET 9.1.0.

For further details, you may check this blog post.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.
(4)

Hi Eyalb,

Thanks for your patience. We have good news for you, your requested feature to know the conversion progress status has been implemented in Aspose.Pdf for .NET 9.1.0. Please check the documentation link for the details and sample code snippet. It will help you to accomplish your requirements.

Please feel free to contact us for any further assistance.

Best Regards,

@eyalb,

This is to inform you that we have fixed your issue (logged earlier as “CELLSNET-42029”) now. We will soon provide you the fixed version after performing QA and incorporating other enhancements and fixes.

@eyalb,

Please try our latest version/fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET v19.6.1 (attached)

Your issue should be fixed in it.

We add new API PdfSaveOptions.PageSavingCallback .
e.g
Sample code:

Workbook wb = new Workbook("Book1.xlsx");

PdfSaveOptions pdfSaveOptions = new PdfSaveOptions();
pdfSaveOptions.PageSavingCallback = new TestPageSavingCallback();

wb.Save("outFile.pdf", pdfSaveOptions);
public class TestPageSavingCallback : IPageSavingCallback
{
    public void PageStartSaving(PageStartSavingArgs args)
    {
        Console.WriteLine("Start saving page index {0} of pages {1}", args.PageIndex, args.PageCount);

//don't output pages before page index 2.
        if(args.PageIndex < 2)
        {
            args.IsToOutput = false;
        }
    }

public void PageEndSaving(PageEndSavingArgs args)
    {
        Console.WriteLine("End saving page index {0} of pages {1}", args.PageIndex, args.PageCount);

//don't output pages after page index 8.
        if(args.PageIndex >= 8)
        {
            args.HasMorePages = false;
        }
    }
}

Let us know your feedback.
Aspose.Cells19.6.1 For .Net2_AuthenticodeSigned.Zip (4.9 MB)
Aspose.Cells19.6.1 For .Net4.0.Zip (4.9 MB)

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESNET-34681) have been fixed in this update.

It seems that heartless chat-pot respond this way without understanding your straight forward question.

@ajimr11,

I am sorry but I didn’t understand you. If you find any issue using Aspose APIs, would you please elaborate your issue/requirements in details and provide sample code and template files, so we could understand your issue and help you accordingly.