Is there a way to let Workbook to ignore not-found fonts- and automatically use available fonts to generate PDF?

Very unfortunately, my Java app deployment environment is Linux based PAAS and I am unable to install Windows fonts to the environments.

When Workbook saves an Excel file as PDF, it complains that TrueType fonts, such as Arial, are not found, and thus do not proceed to save the PDF file.

Is there a way to ignore not-found fonts and just use any available fonts instead?

Thank you.

This message was posted using Page2Forum from /community/public/documentation

Hi,

Please download and try the latest version:
Aspose.Cells
for Java v7.3.0.4

and let us know your feedback.

If your problem still occurs, then please make sure at least there is Arial font which can be found by the application. If the used font in workbook cannot be found for rendering, we will try to use Arial font instead.

In later versions, we may consider of setting other default font or a flexible way for user to provide font information, but we are afraid we cannot provide such kind of solution soon.

We have also logged your information in our database. We will look into your issue and advise you asap.

This issue has been logged as CELLSJAVA-40288.

thank you very much

I'm sorry that my PaaS provider unfortunately does not have Arial font available, and unfortunately I am unable to access the PaaS environment to install the font. Is there a way that I can bundle Arial font in my application, maybe load it dynamically and let Aspose Cells use it?

Thanks.

Hi,

Thanks for your posting.

I have logged your comments in our database against the issue id: CELLSJAVA-40288

If there is some workaround or any other solution, we will soon share it with you.

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells for Java.

Please download and try the latest version: Aspose.Cells
for Java v7.5.0.2
. We will use java font if no proper physical font be found when rendering now.