Is there a way to render OLE objects using getThumbnail?

Hello,

I am trying to render the slides from a pptx file as images, using SlideEx.getThumbnail(). Unfortunately, this does not work for slides with an embedded word document.

I have attached three files to demonstrate this issue.

A file with some embedded OLE objects: abnormal_aspect_ratio-23944-embedded_OLE_object.pptx

A screenshot of slide 20 from the file, rendered using Powerpoint for Mac: embeddedoleppt.png

The image from slide 20, rendered using SlideEx.getThumbnail(): embededoleaspose.gif

I know that these are just embedded Word documents, so they will be difficult to handle properly. I am wondering if there is a way at all? Perhaps we can use your Words product for this?

Thanks!

Hi James,

I regret to inform you that the issue of improper rendering of embedded word document in presentation slides is already added in our issue tracking with ID 19026. Our development team will investigate the issue and we will share the information with you once it is resolved. This thread has also been linked with the issue, so that you may be notified automatically, once the issue is resolved.

We are sorry for your inconvenience,

Thank you for your response, Mudassir!

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESJAVA-19026) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.
(5)