Is there any method in Aspose.pdf to convert xls to PDF

Hi

Is there any method in Aspose.pdf to convert xls to PDF using with PDFA1A/PDFA1B conformance.

Thanks

Naresh

Hi Naresh,

We have a component named Aspose.Cells which supports the feature to convert XLS/XLSX files to PDF format. It also supports the capability to generate the output PDF with PDF/A-1b compliance but I am afraid currently it does not offer the feature to render the output in PDF/A-1a format. I am moving this thread to respective forum where my fellow workers from respective team can further share the details regarding this limitation.

Besides this Aspose.Pdf for .NET offers the capability to convert PDF file to PDF/A-1a or PDF/A-1b format. So as per your requirement, you may first convert the XLS file to PDF format using Aspose.Cells for .NET and then use Aspose.Pdf for .NET to convert PDF file to PDF/A-1a or PDF/A-1b format. For further details, please visit Convert PDF File to PDF-A

Hi,

I would like to address the issue regarding Aspose.Cells further.

As Nayyer told you that currently Aspose.Cells only supports to render Excel files to PDF/A-1b compliance settings. So, for this, as he suggested, you will first convert the Excel workbook to PDF format and then use Aspose.Pdf for .NET to convert it to PDF/A1a format.

Also, We have already logged a ticket for it with an id “CELLSNET-41365” for the feature. Your request has already been linked to the appropriate issue (“CELLSNET-41365”).

Thank you.

Hi,

Please try our latest version/fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET v17.4.1:

Aspose.Cells for .NET v17.4.1 (.NET 2.0) compiled in .NET Framework 2.0.

Aspose.Cells for .NET v17.4.1 (.NET 4.0) compiled in .NET Framework 4.0.

(Note: please choose any of the fixes for your underlying .NET framework version).

We have supported PDF/A-1a in it.

e.g.

Sample code:

Workbook wb = new Workbook(srcFile);

PdfSaveOptions pdfOpt = new PdfSaveOptions();

pdfOpt.Compliance = PdfCompliance.PdfA1a;

wb.Save("outFile.pdf", pdfOpt);

Let us know your feedback.

Thank you

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-41365) have been fixed in Aspose.Cells for .NET 17.5.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.