IsAnnotationsModifyingAllowed

Hi,

I am setting the IsAnnotationsModifyingAllowed to true as below.
pdf.Security.IsAnnotationsModifyingAllowed = true;

And I am expecting the Commenting to be set to Allowed in the output pdf file. But it still is set to “not allowed”.

Basically I want the user to be able to add comments using Acrobat reader.

regards

Ravi

Dear Ravi,

Thank you for considering Aspose.

Adding comments is not supported by Adobe Reader. That has nothing to do with the security setting.

Thank you for your reply.

But using Acrobat Reader 8, Reader users can add comments on files which have this functionality enabled. Please refer to the following Acrobat Reader FAQ:

http://www.adobe.com/products/reader/productinfo/faq/#q9

And I am able to add/edit comments using the Reader on documents set to allow commenting using Acrobat Standard/Professional.

My question is how to set the “Allow Commenting” property on documents generated by Aspose.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thank you

regards

Ravi

Hi,

And also, in Acrobat Professional I am able to setup "Send for shared review" using a sharepoint workspace. Is this functionality exposed in Aspose?

regards

Ravi

Dear Ravi,

As answered in the Adobe FAQ, PDF authors can enable this functionality using Acrobat 8 Professional or Adobe LiveCycle software. Currently Aspose.Pdf has not the ability to enable those functions. We will invertigate this issue but I am afraid we can't support it in short time.

When can we have this feature?

forever:

Dear Ravi,

As answered in the Adobe FAQ, PDF authors can enable this functionality using Acrobat 8 Professional or Adobe LiveCycle software. Currently Aspose.Pdf has not the ability to enable those functions. We will invertigate this issue but I am afraid we can't support it in short time.

Hi,

Sorry to tell you we have not made any progress in this issue so we have no plan to support it. Sorry for the inconvenience.