isLicensed() method in com.aspose.cells.License

There does not appear to be a isLicensed() method in com.aspose.cells.License. That exists in words, slides and email?

Did I miss it or is there another method?

@dfplive,

Thanks for your query.

In Aspose.Cells for Java, com.aspose.cells.License class has the isLicenseSet() static method that will return true if license has been properly set, see the document for your reference:

Hope, this helps a bit.

Thank you

The API documentation does not have that method so I was lost.

@dfplive

Thanks for using Aspose APIs.

We will fix this issue and logged it in our database as follows

• CELLSJAVA-42653 - API documentation does not have the static method License.isLicenseSet()

@dfplive,

Please use Workbook.isLicensed() method as the static method License.isLicenseSet() will be removed in future versions. We will also update the Docs accordingly later on.

from time to time the license does not take so a called to the islicensed methods is false. you run the same code and parameters again and is is true. any advise? Do i only need to license once for the whole JVM instance or each time I instantiate a class that uses a ASPOSE license?

@dfplive,

Generally there should be no issue for setting license only once in the life of JVM. You might not be able to trace such kind of issue in a separate (simple) project and consequently it is really hard to figure it out.

If you still find the issue, kindly do create a separate sample console code/application and steps involved to reproduce the issue on our end, we will check it soon.