ISNOTTEXT formula returns the wrong value after CalculateFormula and is fixed on save

Hello,

I have ran into 2 problems. Firstly, the value returned by the ISNOTTEXT formula is wrong after calling workbook.CalculateFormula() and, if we were to save the workbook (after CalculateFormula), the value of ISNOTTEXT formula would be correct.

Here is the following code used to reproduce the issues, along with the attached file:
-----------------------------
var workbook = new Workbook(“testFile.xlsx”);
var initialVal = workbook.Worksheets?[0].Cells?[“D3”].Value;

workbook.CalculateFormula();

var currentVal = workbook.Worksheets?[0].Cells?[“D3”].Value;

Console.WriteLine(initialVal);
Console.WriteLine(currentVal);

workbook.Save(@“C:\isnottext.xlsx”); //Open the file and view it’s content
-----------------------------

InternalID: 27349

Best regards,
Jean-Alexandru Stanescu
Junior Developer
IBM Romania

Hi,

Thanks for providing template file and sample code.

After an initial test, I observed the issue as you mentioned by using your template file and sample code. I found ISNONTEXT formula returns the wrong value after calling Workbook.CalculateFormula method. It should return true but it returns false.
e.g
Sample code:

var workbook = new Workbook(“e:\test2\testFile.xlsx”);
var initialVal = workbook.Worksheets[0].Cells[“D3”].Value;

workbook.CalculateFormula();

var currentVal = workbook.Worksheets[0].Cells[“D3”].Value;

Console.WriteLine(initialVal); //True -Ok
Console.WriteLine(currentVal); //False -Not Ok

workbook.Save(@“e:\test2\out1.xlsx”);

I have logged a ticket with an id “CELLSNET-43966” for your issue. We will look into it soon.

Once we have any update on it, we will let you know here.

Thank you.

Hi,

Thanks for using Aspose.Cells.

This is to inform you that we have fixed your issue CELLSNET-43966 now. We will soon provide the fix after performing QA and including other enhancements and fixes.

Hi,

Thanks for your using Aspose.Cells.

Please download and try the latest fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET v8.6.0.5 and let us know your feedback.

Hi Shakeel,

Thanks for providing the build unfortunately we’re currently only using .NET 4 versions. Let us know when this build will be available. When do you plan to release apublic version that includes the fix?

Hi,

Well, we are scheduled to release our next official version of the product i.e., Aspose.Cells for .NET v8.6.1 (which would include all the previous fixes and enhancements including this fix also) within the next 10 days or so. You may try the .NET 3.5 compiled version from the release archive at your installation directory at that time.

Thank you.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-43966) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.