We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Issue converting xsl to pdf

I am using Aspose.Cells to generate a workbook with multiple pages. I now have a requirement to allow the user to export to Excel or directly to pdf. In reading your documentation, I have modified my code to use the following function call.

// for output to Excel

outputExcel.Save(strFile + ".xls", SaveType.OpenInExcel, FileFormatType.Excel97To2003, HttpContext.Current.Response);

// for output to PDF

PdfOptions.OnePagePerSheet = true;

outputExcel.Save(strFile + ".pdf", SaveType.OpenInExcel, FileFormatType.Pdf, HttpContext.Current.Response);

HttpContext.Current.Response.End();

However, the output to PDF contains blank pages for the first 3 tabs of the spreadsheet. Can you please take a look at the spreadsheet to see if there is something that is preventing the first three tabs from rendering correctly in the PDF file?

I am using Aspose.Cells version 4.9.0. I attempted to install version 4.9.1 to see if a bug had been fixed, but I am receiving a runtime error on the call to "Save"--something about a bad parameter called "offset". I've since rolled back to version 4.9.0.

Thanks,
Pam

I have just finished installing Aspose.Cells 5.0.0.0 and the problem still exists.

Thanks,
Pam

Hi

Well, your first three sheets have huge list of rows for which one page per sheet is a bit difficult to implement. Anyways, I did find the issue as you have mentioned (the first three pages in the pdf file are blank). I have logged your issue into our issue tracking system with an id: CELLSNET-18136. Once we sort it out, we will let you know.

Thank you.

Hi,

Please try the attached version. We have fixed your issue.

Thank you.

Thanks for your efforts. While your new version does solve this issue with one of my spreadsheets, it continues to fail on two others--probably still related to the size of the data set I'm trying to export to pdf.

As a workaround, i have discovered that if I modify the Page Setup values of my spreadsheet to indicate 1 page wide by a very large number of pages long, the issue does not arise. So, I will attempt to make progress using this workaround.

Thanks again for your time,

Pam

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 18136) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.