Issue in 3D effects of charts

Hi,

I like to know how to apply 3D effects (Bevel top and bottom ) to a chart series in com.aspose.slides.PresentationEx(PowerPoint 2007 pptx). I tried "series.getFormat().getEffect3D().getBevelBottom().setHeight((double)10); and series.getFormat().getEffect3D().getBevelTop().setWidth((double)5);", but it doesn't seem to be working.

Regards,

Kiran

Hi Kiran,

Thanks for your interest in Aspose.Slides.

I regret to share that at present the support of 3-D effects is not available in Aspose.Slides and that is why you are unable to set the 3-D effects. The concerned feature will be supported in Aspose.Slides during Q1 of 2014. We will really appreciate your patience in this regard till the requested feature will be available in Aspose.Slides.

We are sorry for your inconvenience,

Hi Krian,

Please accept my apologies for inconvenience. Actually, 3-D chart rendering support for generating thumbnails and PDFs is supposed to be available in Q1 of 2014. Please use the following sample code to serve the purpose on your end. Please share, if I may help you further in this regard.

public static void test3D()
{
PresentationEx pres = new PresentationEx();
SlideEx slide = pres.getSlides().get_Item(0);
ChartEx chart=slide.getShapes().addChart(ChartTypeEx.ClusteredColumn3D, 20, 20, 300, 300);

ChartSeriesEx series = chart.getChartData().getSeries().get_Item(0);

series.getFormat().getEffect3D().getCamera().setCameraType(CameraPresetTypeEx.OrthographicFront);

series.getFormat().getEffect3D().getBevelBottom().setBevelType(BevelPresetTypeEx.Convex);
series.getFormat().getEffect3D().getBevelBottom().setHeight((double)10);
series.getFormat().getEffect3D().getBevelTop().setBevelType(BevelPresetTypeEx.Convex);
series.getFormat().getEffect3D().getBevelTop().setHeight((double)5);

pres.write(“D:\Aspose Data\Test3d.pptx”);
}

Many Thanks,

Thank you for the reply Mudassir. It worked and the problem is resolved.