Issue in Assigning MapiCalender property

Hi,

If i have a string as “CN=Meimei Cheung/OU=Bsg/O=MetLife/C=US” in this format.So,when i assign this string to MapiCalender to,from property then it will give exception that give valid email address.Is there any other way to assign it.

Hi Pooja,

At present, only standard smtp addresses are allowed in these fields of calendar which are valid and that is why it is asking for a valid email address. Could you please provide us a sample file with such string? We’ll investigate this and assist you further.

Hi,

I attached sample msg file having appointment entry in it.while assigning this msg property “To,CC,Bcc” to MapiCalender then it will give exception.
Please find the attachment.

Hi Pooja,

Upon further testing, I have found that the string value you have discussed in this example, doesn’t refer to an email address but display name as you can see from the following code sample. Please note that the Email address should be a valid email address with the @ of sign as the appointment object can be used for sending via Smtp or ExchangeClient as well.

Sample Code:

MapiMessage mapiMsg = MapiMessage.FromFile("EMAIL_490222\\LAW_POC-#9745506-v1-Calendar_Entry_Test.msg");

foreach (MapiRecipient r in mapiMsg.Recipients)
{
    Console.WriteLine("Display Name: " + r.DisplayName);
    Console.WriteLine("Display Email: " + r.EmailAddress);
}

mapiMsg.Save("EMAIL_490222\\Output.msg");

Hi,
Thank you for the quick reply. We appreciate your effort to resolve the issue.
We want to convert lotus notes calender to msg. In lotus notes we get To,CC.BCC,From property as canonical name.We purchased your product.So,Can you please customize the property of To,CC.BCC,From which accept mail address or display name(normal string).

Thank You,

Hi Pooja,

The MapiCalendar’s recepients’ property can contain only valid information in the EmailAddress field. The string you have shared is just an exchange server address representation and is not in standard smtp format. Adding such string to the Email address field is not possible as it has no such benefit other than keeping the information. I have requested development team to provide assistance in this regard and will write back to you as soon as possible. We appreciate your patience until then.