Issue in Generating the PDF document from word document using Aspose.PDF

Hi Team,

We have purchased licensed version of Aspose.Word and Aspose.PDF .

In our application we are generating the word document from an word template(.dotx file) using Aspose.Word after filling the required information to the template file.

Then we are converting that word document to PDF file using Aspose.PDF.

The word document is generated fine, however while converting the word document to PDF file, some time the below message appear on the header/at the top of the PDF document.

We guess this should come, while somebody uses the trial version.

However we are using the licensed version and it only appears in the PDF document quite often.

Could you please help me in resolving this soon?

Regards,
Rajesh

Hi Rajesh,

Can you please share which version of Aspose.Words are you using? Aspose.Pdf is not required in your case; Aspose.Words can convert/save Word documents as PDF.

Please also share your sample application with input templates to reproduce the issue.

Best Regards,

Hi Rajesh,

Apparently, it looks like license code is not being called for some documents. We were not able to reproduce this issue at our end using our samples. Your assistance will be required to reproduce the issue.

Can you please attach a standalone console application to reproduce this issue or share the steps how can we reproduce it at our end?

Best Regards,

Hi Team,

Thanks for looking in to the same.

I have prepared small demo web application for this purpose and there also I am reading the dotx file, adding text based on book mark, inserted textbox based on paragraph style etc as we are doing exactly in our real application.

Please find the attachment for the same.

Hope this will help you.

Regards,
Rajesh

Hi Rajesh,

It is not recommended to set license on page load. The recommended way is to call SetLicense method once per application lifecycle. It is better to move your license code to Application_Start event of your application.

Please check http://www.aspose.com/docs/display/wordsnet/When+to+Apply+a+License for more details.

Best Regards,

Hi Muhammad,

Thanks for looking in to this.

We know that this is not a good practice to initialize or set the license on page load. However by setting multiple license simply wastes processor time.

We do not think that this is the correct reason for occurrence of this issue.

If the license is set for multiple time, then also it will not cause for initialization of licensee fail and display of “Evaluation Message”.

Could you please dig dipper in to this and help us in resolving this issue?

This is happening quite often now and becoming a big challenge for us .

If any further information required, please let us know.
Regards,
Rajesh

Hi Rajesh,

In fact I was not able to reproduce the issue using your sample application at my end. Generated the report multiple times (also used loops to generate hundreds of reports) but did not see evaluation message in any document.

Can you please also share the steps to generate a document with evaluation watermark using your application?

Best Regards,