Issue in Textbox with Shrink Text on overflow using Aspose.Slides for Java

@wishy.em,

I have observed your comments and regret to share that at present the issue is still unresolved. Actually, the issue is blocked owing to missing implementation in Aspose.Slides for Java. So, it is going to get resolved in that issue first and then in this issue. I like to share this issue is going to be resolved tentatively in Aspose.Slides 19.12.

Thank you.
What is the tentative release date of Aspose.Slides 19.12?

@wishy.em,

I have observed your comments. I like to inform that Aspose.Slides 19.12 will be released in end of 2019. We are trying our best to resolve this issue as soon as possible. Actually, in Aspose.Slides forum the issues are selected for investigation on first come first serve basis. Also the first priority for scheduling and resolution is given to paid Enterprise and priority support customers. Then Aspose.Slides normal or free support customers issues are scheduled and resolved on first come and first come serve basis. I will share the further information with you as soon as the issue will be resolved.

I understand paid support is given preference. But isn’t 2 years to solve an issue too much? Even if there is no paid support we have paid for the product. If it was a new feature I understand but this is a fix on Aspose Product’s issue which is Aspose-Company`s problem and responsibility.
When we buy the product it is under the assumption and trust on Aspose that the features work fine. If the product has a bug I feel Aspose should own it and provide a fix asap.

@wishy.em,

Please accept my sincere apologies for inconvenience on your end. I regret to share that this issue is still unresolved and I have increased the issue priority as well in our issue tracking system. However, we are going to investigate this on our end and will update you as soon as possible in this regard.

Thank you. Appreciate it.

Is there any update on this?

@wishy.em,

I have verified from our issue tracking system and regret to inform that the concerned ticket is blocked owing to limitation in API and it is no sooner going to get resolved before Q3 of 2019 based on implementations in API. We are sorry for your inconvenience an request for your patience.

So you are telling me that I have to wait for 1.5 years in order to get one issue resolved? Being a developer myself I don’t see any reason that could put a 1.5 years hold on an issue. This is just plain ridiculous.
There will always be solutions. Even if this requires Q3 of 2019 I am sure an alternate temporary solution can be provided until that time?
This means we need to continue providing a dirty looking PPT to our customers/clients even after buying an expensive library suite like Aspose?

@wishy.em,

We are sorry for your inconvenience but this is related to implementation of full featured text rendering engine that is a huge task int it self. We request for your patience till the time the support is available. If you want to expedite the issue development, you can think of availing paid support option.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESJAVA-36982) have been fixed in this update.