Issue reading pivot table style from xls (version 7.0.2.0)

Hi,

We are have an issue reading PivotTableStyleName and PivotTableStyleType from attached xls file.

The sample pivottable is "PivotTable12" in worksheet "Top 10". When I tried to read PivotTableStyleName and PivotTableStyleType, they are both none.

Is there a way to resolve this issue?

Regards

Bill

Hi,

PivotTableStyleName and PivotTableStyleType are valid for xlsx files. For xls file, you should use AutoFormatType.

Hi Shakeel,

Thanks for your reply and I understand what you said.

However, if you open the xls file in Excel 2010, go to worksheet "Top 10", choost the top left pivot table and click design tab, you will see the pivotTable Style is light 15. There seemed to be something special with this xls file.

Is it possible to get this information out?

Regards

Bill

Solvexia

Hi,

It seems, it is not possible. But we will look into it and see if this feature could be implemented.

Thanks Shakeel! Much appreciated.

Hi,

You are welcome.

I have logged a New Feature Request for this issue in our database. The development team will investigate and implement it and we will update you asap.

This issue has been logged as CELLSNET-40092.

Hi Shakeel,

Thanks for logging the "New Feature Request".

I was wondering, If there is any ETA for the feature request implementation.

The reason for ETA is that we have to manage our clients' expectation too :)

Thanks again for the great support,

Bhavin.

Hi,

I have added your comment in our database and requested an ETA. Once, we will get some update, we will let you know asap.

Hi,

Please try the attached version/fix: v7.0.3.2, your issue should be fixed by the fix.

Thank you

Hi Amjad,

I tried the version in this post http://www.aspose.com/community/forums/344619/pivot-table-throw-exception-while-refreshing/showthread.aspx#344619

which has the same version number and it seemed it is still an issue for us.

Could check again if the version included in this post is the same as the one in the referenced post above, please?

Thanks and regards

Bill

Hi,

Yes, the version number is same = v7.0.3.2.

Could you give us your sample code + template file to show the issue, we will check it soon.

Thank you.

Hi Amjad,

Thanks for your reply!

I looked into this issue and find it is actually a new issue. The template file is attached.

Now, we can read the pivot table style from xls without any problem which solve the issue I reported. Thanks for the great effort on this again!

If you take a look at the pivot table in worksheet "Average" of the template file, you will see it is identical except for the style. I used the following code to try setting the style:

targetPivot.PivotTableStyleName = srcPivot.PivotTableStyleName;

targetPivot.PivotTableStyleType = srcPivot.PivotTableStyleType;

The "srcPivot" is the pivot table in worksheet "Top 10". It doesn't seemed take effect. When I click save in Excel, there is an compatibility Checker poped out, and if I click the "Find" link, the style will show up.

Could you take a look at this issue and let us know if this is solvable, please?

Thanks and regards

Bill

Hi,

Well, I think it is the limitation and due to the fact put forth by MS Excel as you are trying to save Excel 2007/2010 pivot table style into XLS (Excel 97-2003) file, the pivot table style might not be supported in earlier versions. You may check the details in Compatibility Checker Dialog box.

Anyways, I have logged it, we need to investigate if something can be done or not. We will look into it soon.

Thank you.

Thanks Amjad! Much appreciated!

Regards

Bill

Hi Bill,

Please try the fixed version: v7.0.3.3. Your issue should be fixed now.

Thank you.

Hi Amjad,

Sorry for the late updates. It is all working in our end now. Much appreciated!

Regards

Bill

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-40092) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.