We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Issue reading PPT Comments in 14.2.0.0

Hi,

I’m wondering if you can help me. I have a test PowerPoint Presentation with a simple comment. I have the presentation both as PPT and PPTX.

I have recently upgraded to the latest Slides library and went through the process of converting the code to the new API for handing PPTX without PresentationEx. I noticed on this document though an issue. The code in its most basic form is:

Aspose.Slides.LoadOptions loadOptions = new Aspose.Slides.LoadOptions();
if (fileType == FileType.Ppt)
loadOptions.LoadFormat = Aspose.Slides.LoadFormat.Ppt;
else
loadOptions.LoadFormat = Aspose.Slides.LoadFormat.Pptx;

slidePresentation = new Aspose.Slides.Presentation(fileInfo.FullName, loadOptions);

Aspose.Slides.ICommentAuthorCollection commentAuthorCollection = slidePresentation.CommentAuthors;

if (commentAuthorCollection != null)
{
foreach (Aspose.Slides.ICommentAuthor commentAuthor in commentAuthorCollection)
{
ICommentCollection commentCollection = commentAuthor.Comments;

//Do Stuff Here
}
}

The code works fine on the PPTX document, but on PPT, it does not recognise the comments (in fact commentAuthorCollection.Count is 0). Saving the document removes the comments.

Please advise how to read and preserve the comments in the new API for PPT presentations

Regards,

Hi Gary,

I have worked with the sample code shared by you and have been able to observe the inaccessible comments issue for PPT. I have created an issue with ID SLIDESNET-35294 in our issue tracking system to further investigate and resolve this on our end. This thread has been linked with the issue so that you may be automatically notified once the issue will be resolved.

We are sorry for your inconvenience,

Thanks Mudassir,

Can you find out a timeframe for a possible fix (1 week, 1 month etc). We’re about to do a build and I don’t know whether to hold off until the fix, or to revert back to the old library and methods.

Regards,

Hi Gary,

I have observed the issue status from our issue tracking system and like to share that the issue has just recently been created and is pending for investigation in issues queue. Actually, first of all the issues belonging to paid Enterprise and Priority support customers (Aspose.Enterprise + Aspose.Priority) are considered and afterwards the issues belonging to normal support forum (Aspose.Slides + Aspose.Total) are considered for investigation and resolution on first come and first serve basis. Afterwards, the issues are resolved based on complexities identified during investigation process.

I have also discussed the possibility of implementing the issue with our development team and like to share that the issue is not going to get resolved before Aspose.Slides for .NET 14.4.0 which is due by end of May 2014 as Aspose.Slides for .NET 14.3.0 is ready for release in coming few days. The time line shared is tentative and is subject to change after the issue will be scheduled and investigated by our development team.

Many Thanks,

Hi Mudassir,

Can you check the progress of this? It’s it still on schedule to be fixed in 14.4.0?

Regards,

Hi Gary,

I have verified from our issue tracking system and regret to share that the issue has not yet been resolved. The issue is due for investigation during Week 21/2014. We will share the feedback with you as soon as the it will be shared by our development team after the investigation.

Many Thanks,

Hi Mudassir.

It’s now the end of the month and I haven’t heard anything. I’m starting to lose confidence that this issue is being looked at. Is there a way to view the issue in your tacking system? 6 weeks is a long time to fix something that was working in previous builds but broken from an update.

Regards,

Hi Gary,

I have discussed the issue status with our development team and regret to share that that the shared is still unresolved but we are working over the issue on our end. We are very much hopeful to include the fix for the issue in Aspose.Slides for .NET 14.5.0 which is scheduled for delivery by end of June 2014. We will share the notification with you as soon as the issue will be resolved.

Many Thanks,

Hi Mudassir,

It’s approaching the end of the month. Any update on the situation?

Regards,

Hi Gray,

I have verified the issue status from our issue tracking system and like to share that the issue shared has been resolved in upcoming version of Aspose.Slides for Java 14.5.0. We will share the good news with you as soon as the issue will be resolved.

We are sorry for your inconvenience,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESNET-35294) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.