Issue regarding excel to pDF conversion

Hi,

I am converting excel to PDF . I have an excel which has more than 60 columns but i am not able to convert that excel into pdf .I am getting blank pdf. Please find the below code i am using. With the same code I am able to generate convert excel which has around 20 to 30 columns into pdf.

Please Suggest me.

Worksheet sheet = workbook.getWorksheets().get(0);

PageSetup pageSetup = sheet.getPageSetup();

//Setting the orientation to Portrait

pageSetup.setOrientation(PageOrientationType.PORTRAIT);

pageSetup.setLeftMargin(HALF);

pageSetup.setRightMargin(HALF);

pageSetup.setTopMargin(ONE);

pageSetup.setZoom(ONETWENTY);

//Setting the printing order of the pages to over then down

pageSetup.setOrder(PrintOrderType.OVER_THEN_DOWN);

pageSetup.setPrintTitleColumns("$A:$A");

//Defining row numbers 1 - 2 as title rows

pageSetup.setPrintTitleRows("$1:$7");

pageSetup.setFooter (1, " &12 &B Page &P of &N");

PdfSaveOptions saveOpt = new PdfSaveOptions(SaveFormat.PDF);

saveOpt.setAllColumnsInOnePagePerSheet(true);

workbook.save(pdfOutputPath, saveOpt);

Hi Kishore,

Thank you for contacting Aspose support.

We would request you to please try our latest version of Aspose.Cells for Java 8.2.2.1 on your end to see if you can still replicate the issue. In case the problem persists, we require your template spreadsheet for further investigation. Please provide it here so we may test it to provide further assistance in this regard.

Hi,

I am using the latest version of jar . Please find the attached sample template.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Kishore,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells.

We were able to observe this issue after executing the following sample code with the latest version: Aspose.Cells
for Java v8.2.2.1
using your source Excel file. The output PDF does have a data inside it but it is not visible. If you press Ctrl+A and then press Ctrl+C, then paste it on notepad using Ctrl+V, you will see data is there.

However, data is not getting visible even after zooming. Please see the screenshot attached showing this behavior.

We have logged this issue in our database for investigation. We will look into it and fix this issue. Once, the issue is resolved or we have some other update for you, we will let you know asap.

This issue has been logged as

• CELLSJAVA-41072: Data is present in the output PDF but not visible even after zooming

I have attached the output PDF generated by the code and screenshot highlighting the issue for a reference

Java

String filePath = “F:\Shak-Data-RW\Downloads\samplReport.xls”;

Workbook workbook = new Workbook(filePath);

Worksheet sheet = workbook.getWorksheets().get(0);

PageSetup pageSetup = sheet.getPageSetup();

PdfSaveOptions saveOpt = new PdfSaveOptions(SaveFormat.PDF);

saveOpt.setAllColumnsInOnePagePerSheet(true);

workbook.save(filePath + “.out.pdf”, saveOpt);

Hello,

Can we please raise it to enterprise support?

We have enterprise license on this. Please let us know if you want us to raise it as a separate ticket.
Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Abhinav

Hi Abhinav,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells.

Please create a post in Enterprise Forum and give there the reference to this thread. We will then increase the priority of this issue to Enterprise Priority.

Hi,

Do we have any update on the above issue..?

Hi Kishore,

The ticket logged earlier as CELLSJAVA-41072 is currently pending for analysis, and is in the queue with other tasks. You have to spare us little time to thoroughly analyse the scenario on our end. Once we have isolated the problem cause, we will be able in a better position to share an estimated release schedule for the fix.

Thank you for your understanding & cooperation.

Hi Raza,

As we have enterprize licence for this.I have added this thread on Enterprize forum for quicker resolution. I hope this can prioritize the issue.

http://www.aspose.com/community/forums/583504/showthread.aspx#583504

Regards,

Abhinav

Hi Abhinav,

Thank you for utilizing your Enterprise Support subscription to raise the priority of the existing ticket CELLSJAVA-41072. We have also notified the concerned development team member on this, and hopefully soon we’ll schedule the ticket for further investigation. As soon as we receive further updates in this regard, we will post them on the Enterprise Support thread for your kind reference.