We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Issue upgrading from PDF 3.6 to PDF 3.9

Hi,

I could not find any documentation for upgrading from PDF v3.6 to v3.9 so what I did was run the v3.9 installer, drag the new v3.9 dll to the GAC and did an iisreset.

Now I have a webform that was converting Word docs to PDF fine with v3.6, however with 3.9 it doesn't even convert it to PDF, the files remain as Word docs. Do I have have to change my webform code to call a new or diff function when using version 3.9? Or do I need to also upgrade Aspose.Word?

Please let me know, thanks!

Hello Eric,

When upgrading from previous version of Aspose.Pdf, there is no need to change the code or upgrade the Aspose.Words version. I am not sure why you are facing this problem.

I think you need to again rebuild the project with a reference of new .dll file, and also place the new .dll to GAC. I hope it would resolve the problem.

FYI: In latest release of Aspose.Words, a new feature of saving the word file into Pdf format is introduced. If you want, you can use a single component to save the Word files into Pdf. For more information, please visit Saving Documents

If it does not satisfy your requirement, please feel free to contact.