Issue while merging PPT created using MS Office 2007

Hi,

We are using Aspose.Slides for .NET for the purpose of merging individual PPTs.

We are getting the following error while trying to merge a PPT which has been created in MS Office 2007 with the PPTs which have been generated by Reporting Server of SQL Server 2005(Using Aspose.Slides.ReportingServices.dll to generate PPTs).

"Object Reference not set to an instance of an object"

We are getting this error even after saving it with .PPT extension(not .PPTX).

Please help us resolve this issue.

Thanks,

Sridevi

Hi Sridevi,

Can you please provide some sample PPTs for identifying the problem?

Hi,

Please find the attached sample files which we have used while merging.

Among these files, "2007 - Prod - Blank Template1.ppt" has been created in MS Office 2007.

We are getting the issue while trying to merge the attached files.

However, we are not getting this issue consistently. Its occuring randomly.

Thanks,

Sridevi

Hi Sridevi,

There is no problem while merging the provided presentations. I have used the following code:

Presentation pres = new Presentation("Blank+Template.ppt");

Presentation pres1 = new Presentation("2007+-+Prod+-+Blank+Template1.ppt");

for (int i = 1; i <= pres.Slides.Count; i++)

{

pres.CloneSlide(pres.GetSlideByPosition(i), pres.Slides.LastSlidePosition+1, pres1, new System.Collections.SortedList());

}

pres1.Write("clonedPPT.ppt");

Hi Sabir,

As specified in my previous post, this issue is not occuring everytime. It is occuring randomly.

And also, this could be an environment issue. We are getting this issue in Windows Server 2003 machine.

We are using the same code which you have specified above.

Please try to merge the files in the same environment and let us know.

Thanks,

Sridevi

Hi Sridevi,

I have tested the PPT merging on Windows Vista Ultimate 32x as well as 64x with success. Currently, i don't have Windows Server 2003 environment and will test it after i arrange it.

Hi,

Can u please give us an update on this as soon as possible.

We have an issue in our application while merging the PPTs saved in MS Office 2007. Its kind of stopping our work and we are not able to proceed further.

Also, let us know if there is any higher version which will support Office 2007 better and also supports the merging of .pptx files.

Thanks,

Sridevi

Hi Sridevi,

Thanks for your interest in Aspose.Slides.

As this issue is occuring not consistently, so we have created an issue on our Issue Tracking System. The issue id for this problem is 13545. This thread has been linked with the issue so that you may be notified about the progress.

Best Regards

Hi,

Please let me know if there are any updates on this issue.

Thanks,

Sridevi Pedapudi

Hi Sridevi,

I have enquired the status of your mentioned issue from our development team and regretfully, the problem source is still unidentified. We are working on it and will be more than happy to share the results with you, once the issue is resolved.

We are extremely sorry for your nuisance.