Convert Pdf to DocX using Aspose.PDF for .NET - unable to edit file in MS Word Online

Hi,

I’m using Aspose.PDF to convert the PDF file into DOCX file.
But when i uploaded that output DOCX file on SharePoint Document Library and tried to edit that with “Microsoft Word Online” its showing following error:
image.png (3.4 KB)

I have attached Source PDF file.
pdf-sample.pdf (7.8 KB)

@Hiral201092

Thanks for contacting support.

We have tested the scenario in our environment with latest version of the API (Aspose.Pdf for .NET 17.8) and observed that the resultant DOCX document could not be opened in Microsoft Words Online. However, we have logged an investigation ticket as PDFNET-43320 in our issue tracking system. We will further look into the details of this issue and keep you updated with the status of its correction. Please be patient and spare us little time.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks for your reply.

There is one more issue with the output DOCX file.
Unfortunately this file contains an invalid content, it does not follow OpenXML specification.
The problem is with the following content in the “styles.xml” part of the document:

<w:style w:type=“list” w:styleId=“NoList” w:default=“on”>

But according to OpenXML specification, the “type” attribute must be one of the following 4 values (Office Open XML (OOXML) - Word Processing - Styles):

• character
  • numbering
  • paragraph
  • table

@Hiral201092

Thanks for adding more details.

We have updated the details of logged issue accordingly and as soon as we have some updates regarding its investigation, we will inform you within this forum thread.

Meanwhile, would you please share that which XML Viewer you are using to view DOCX as XML? So that we can address it accordingly.

Thanks for your reply.

“would you please share that which XML Viewer you are using to view DOCX as XML?”
i’m using Open XML SDK 2.5 Productivity Tool for this.

I have also attached the screen shot of the XML.
image.png (67.8 KB)

@Hiral201092

Thanks for sharing required information.

We have updated the information related to the earlier logged issue and as soon as we have some news on resolution progress, we will inform you. Please spare us little time.

Did you get anything?
When can I expect the solution for reported issue?

@Hiral201092

Thanks for your inquiry.

As we have recently notified the product team about the earlier logged issue, so it is pending for review. Product team will surely plan to investigate the issue as per their development schedule and as soon as we have some definite updates regarding resolution of your issue, we will let you know. Please be patient and spare us little time.

Is there any update regarding the Issue while try to edit the word file on “Microsoft Word Online” created by Aspose.PDF??

@Hiral201092

Thanks for your inquiry.

I am afraid that earlier logged issue has not been yet resolved due to other pending issues in the queue, logged prior to your issue. Relevant team will surely look into this matter as per their development schedule and as soon as we get some definite updates regarding its resolution, we will let you know. Please be patient and spare us little time.

Is there any update regarding “Issue while try to edit the word file on “Microsoft Word Online” created by Aspose.PDF”??
when can i expect the solution? its being too long.

@Hiral201092

Thanks for posting your inquiry.

I am afraid that the earlier logged issue has not been yet resolved. Moreover, please note that the issues have been resolved on first come first serve basis and there are already other issues pending in the queue, waiting to be resolved. However, we surely intend to provide fix against logged issues as soon as possible but it also depends upon the development schedule of product team and how long is the queue of pending issues.

Nevertheless, we have recorded your concerns and forwarded them to the respective team. As soon as we receive some feedback from their side, we will surely inform you. We greatly appreciate your patience and cooperation in this regard.

Did you fix the issue?
When can I expect the solution for reported issue?
Its too long.

@Hiral201092

Thanks for contacting support.

I am afraid that earlier logged issue has not been yet resolved, due to large number of pending issues in the queue. As soon as we have some significant updates, regarding resolution of your issue, we will surely inform you. Your patience is greatly appreciated in this regard. Please spare us little time.

Hi,

Is there any chances to resolve the logged issue as I want to purchase the paid version but due to this requirement I’m waiting from months.

Thanks for your support.

@Hiral201092

Thanks for your inquiry,

We have shared your concerns with relevant team and requested them to share an ETA (if possible) as well. I am afraid that your issue is still pending in the queue of unresolved issues but as soon as we receive some feedback from product team, in this regard, we will inform you. We highly appreciate your comprehension in this regard. Please spare us little time.

Hi,

we have purchased the license for Aspose.PDF and this is our major requirement to allow edit the word files on browser( “Microsoft Word Online”). can you provide any fix for this? we are waiting from months.

Please provide response as soon as possible.

Thanks in advance.

@Hiral201092

I am afraid that the issue reported by you, PDFNET-43320, has not been resolved yet. Our product team has been busy with prior critical and higher priority issues. Your ticket is in the queue and will be resolved on its due turn. We really understand your concerns so they have been recorded and coordinated to respective team. Please spare us some time. We really appreciate your patience in this regard.

You are replying to the wrong Hiral when you used the ‘@’ symbol

@hiral

Thank you for your prompt reply. I apologize for the typing mistake. The response has been updated accordingly.