Issue with 2 hyperlinks in 1 cell

(Using Version 7.7.0)

So, I’m trying to convert a HTML file to a excel sheet but I’m finding that one of the cells with specific information in doesn’t seem to get the correct (or expected) field data when loading as a worksheet using the cells api.

The field in question looks like this:

text i want to show  

If I drag the html file directly into excel 2013, the field in question will show the text between the first anchor tag (“text i want to show”) and strip out the anchor tag (dont know why!), but through the api it comes through as 3 spaces (i assume the blank spaces between the 2 anchor tags "   ").

What im interested in getting is the display text from the anchor tag. Works fine with just 1 url in there (as expected).

To reproduce create a blank file and throw in this;

Some Title Here

Col1 COL2 COL3 COL4
1234 2345 3456 text i want to show  

Hi Kris,

Thank you for contacting Aspose support.

I am afraid, MS Excel does not allow more than one hyperlinks in a cell, therefore your requirement may not be achievable using Aspose.Cells APIs because Aspose.Cells follows MS Excel’s guidelines & specifications.

If you can manually achieve your requirement using MS Excel application, please provide the spreadsheet showing your requirement, and steps to re-create it on our end. Upon reviewing this information, we will try to mimic the same using Aspose.Cells for Java API.

Hi,

Thanks for the response.

I can understand why MS Excel doesnt allow more than one hyperlink per cell, totally understandable.

Steps to recreate it: load that html file above into Excel, you will see it still shows the display text thats contained within the anchor tag… this is the result im expecting (as im expecting Aspose.Cells API to mimic what Excel does).

Cheers

Kris

Hi Kris,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells.

We were able to observe this issue after converting your sample HTML into Excel file using Aspose.Cells. The output Excel file generated with Aspose.Cells and generated with Excel differs.

We have logged this issue in our database for investigation. We will look into it and fix this issue. Once, the issue is resolved or we have some other update for you, we will let you know asap.

This issue has been logged as CELLSNET-42871.

We have tested this issue with the following sample code. I have attached the sample HTML file (test.html) used in this code and output Excel file generated with Aspose.Cells and another Excel file generated with Excel for a reference. Also attached the screenshot showing the output of Excel and Aspose.Cells.

C#

string filePath = @“F:\Shak-Data-RW\Downloads\test.html”;

Workbook workbook = new Workbook(filePath);

workbook.Save(“output.xlsx”);

Hi,

Thanks for your using Aspose.Cells.

Please download and try the latest fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET v8.2.2.3 and let us know your feedback.

Hi,

Thanks for looking into this - do you have the java package rather than the .net one?

Cheers

Hi Kris,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells.

Please download and use the latest java package: Aspose.Cells
for Java v8.2.2.3
and let us know your feedback.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-42871) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.