Issue with coping pivot table

Hi Shakeel

I have attached the sample project as requested. It is a console application. You will need to specify 4 parameters in the main function. sourceFilePath, targetFilePath, sourceWorksheetName(the worksheet contains the pivot table), targetWorksheetName( the worksheet you want to copy the pivot table to).

Please let me know if this testing project works for you or not. If there are any thing else you need me to do, please let me know as well.

Regards

Bill

Hi,

Thanks for the sample project.

I have tested your scenario/case using your sample project with your template file(s), I am unable to reproduce the issue on our end. The output file (attached) is opened fine into MS Excel 2007/2010 without any warning message what so ever.

And, I used the following line putting the parameters for file paths:
//…
try
{
Test07_CopyPivotTable(@“E:\test2\issue with copying pivot\source1.xlsx”, @“E:\test2\issue with copying pivot\target1.xlsx”, “Sheet1”, “Sheet1”);
System.Console.WriteLine( “----Test07_CopyPivotTable completes successfully----”);
}
//…

Hi Amjad

Thanks for your reply!

This is a bit puzzling. I downloaded the file you attached and I can see an warning message on my end. I think it could be related to version of office or specific to machine we used.

I am using Excel 2010. Please refer to the attached screenshot for version details of my office. Can you guys try again with a similar version, please?

Regards

Bill

Hi,

Well, it might be versioning issue. I am using MS Excel 2010. Version: 14.0.4734.1000 (32-bit)
I have attached the screen shot of the output file opened in MS Excel 2010 here.

We will further evaluate it on our end soon.

Thank you.

Hi Amjad

Thanks for your reply! We are using the similar version of office. The only difference is you are using 32 bit and we are using 64 bit.

I tried it again on another office machine with office 365 with Excel 2013 and it also happens. It is also a 64 bit machine. I have attached a new picture to show what happened on my machine.

Hi,

Thanks for the screen shot(s).

Well, this is strange, could you also test your scenario/case on MS Excel 2010 (32-bit) if it works fine or not. Also, could you try to open your output file on MS Excel 2007 if it works or not.

In the mean time, I have logged a ticket with an id “CELLSNET-42033” for your issue. We will investigate your issue on our end if we can trace it.
Once we have any update on it, we will let you know here.

Thank you.

Sure, Amjad. Thanks for your investigation! I will try with 32 bit office today.

Regards

Bill

Hi Amjad

I tried on 32 bit Excel 2007 and the warning didn’t happen. Will try to find a 32 bit Excel 2010.

Can you try to find a 64 bit office and try it as well please? There is a bit chance that the warning only show up for 64 bit office.

Regards

Bill

Hi Amjad,

Our new finding is 32 bit Excel 2013 also show the warning message. The version detail is attached.

If you have a 32 bit Excel2013 installed, could you also check if it show the warning please?

Regards

Bill

Hi Amjad,

We have conduct a short test in our office. Below is a summary of our findings:
1) All 64 bit Office can open the workbook with warning
2) 32 bit Office 2013 can open the workbook with warning
3) 32 bit Office 2007 opens the workbook without warning

Therefore, you may need to get a 64 bit office Office or 32 bit Office 2013 to test the issue. Please let me know if there is any thing else I can do for you to fix the issue.

Regards

Bill

Hi,

Thanks for your findings and sharing more details,

I was able to notice the error: “Excel found unreadable content…” error into MS Excel 2013 (32-bit) as you mentioned in your previously attached screen shots: https://forum.aspose.com/t/88010
The issue looks to me regarding copying pivot tables as you pointed out earlier. I have logged it against your issue “CELLSNET-42033” into our database. We will look into it soon.

Once we have any update on it, we will let you know here.

Thank you.

Thanks Amjad for your timely reply! My manager is really in pressure to get this release out door next week and he is now just holding a stick point at me full time. And this issue will really impact our clients baldly.

Could you let us know ASAP when you get fix, please?

Thanks and regards

Bill

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells for .NET.

We are pleased to inform you that this issue has been resolved. We will soon provide you a fix for it. Please spare us some time. Once, the fix is available for you, we will let you know asap.

Thanks Shakeel for the update! This is really great news for us! Great pleasure to work with you guys.

Regards

Bill

Hi Shakeel

Is there any updates for this issue? We have rescheduled the release to this Wednesday, so it will be great we could get the fix ASAP.

Thanks and Regards

Bill

Hi,

Please download and try our latest version/fix : Aspose.Cells for .NET v7.5.3.4

We have fixed your issue now.

Let us know your feedback.

Thanks.

Hi Amjad

Thanks very much for the new dll! Will test extensively and let you know the feedback.

Thanks and regards

Bill

Hi Bill,

Sure, please test your issue thoroughly with latest fix/version: Aspose.Cells for .NET v7.5.3.4, hopefully, it will pass all your test cases.

Thanks and have a good day!

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-42033) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as ) have been fixed in this update. This message was posted using BugNotificationTool from Downloads module by MuzammilKhan