Issue with crashes when saving to pdf format

@patjep,

We found on Win8 and Win7 OS the crashing issue happen. We are investigating and debugging your issue and hopefully it will be fixed in the next week early. What is is your environment, please elaborate?

Sorry for the delay and any inconvenience caused!

@Amjad_Sahi

I’m running Windows 10 x64, more specifically version 20H2. But I have seen the issues on earlier versions of Windows 10 as well.

I have run into more crashes when calling Aspose::Cells::Drawing::IShape::ToImage(). I think it’s reasonable to assume it’s the same kind of crash issue. I’ll report more details if your next patch doesn’t fix the issue.

@patjep,

Thanks for the enviorment details.
We have made significant progress towards the resolution of your posted issue. You may expect the fix on Monday/Tuesday (next week).

Alright, also, you may post new threads for your newer issues (one thread should define single issue, this will be easier to manage and resolve issues).

@Amjad_Sahi

It’s a relief to know that you’re close to a solution as this is escalating into a severe issue for us. I’ll make sure to verify the fix as soon as you have uploaded it.

:+1:
Sure, and you are welcome.

@patjep,

Please try our latest version/fix: Aspose.Cells for C++ v20.7.1_new

Your issue should be fixed now.

Let us know your feedback.

@Amjad_Sahi

I’ve run through a number of tests and the stability of Aspose.Cells have improved significantly
with your latest fix. There still seems to be some stability issues when saving to PDF, but I think they aren’t directly related to this particular problem. I’ll try to create new examples for the other issues. Thank you for your work so far!

@patjep,

It is nice to know that the new fix fixes your issue. Regarding your other stability issues, please create new threads (one per problem) with resource files and samples, we will check these and try to figure them out soon.

@patjep,

We released our next official version of C++ library of Aspose.Cells. Please try our latest version: Aspose.Cells for C++ 21.1.
Downloads/Nuget repos.
(it also includes the fix of your issue).