Issue with fields and calculation

Hi Aspose,

The document contains fields with calculation. It appears that when I try to obtain such field value, Aspose reveals some values in fields and they appears in the document after processing.

To reproduce the issue use simple code:
foreach (Aspose.Pdf.Forms.Field field in fields){string value = field.Value;}

The issue is Aspose shows values for fields that has no values indeed, and puts such values into fields. I use Aspose.pdf 18.11.

Forms with calculation_original.pdf (12.2 KB)
Forms with calculation_processed.pdf (12.7 KB)

Best regards,
Alex Shloma

@licenses

Thank you for contacting support.

Please notice that specific fields for which some values are revealed by Aspose.PDF for .NET API are noticed because under Calculate tab in Text Field properties their are preset values which can be modified as in shared screenshot and then no such values are retrieved by Aspose.PDF for .NET API as well.

Changes.JPG
Forms with calculation_Modified.pdf

We hope this will be helpful. Please feel free to contact us if you need any further assistance.

Hi Farhan,

Yes I understand that if I disable calculation then no issue. But my question is about processing original document when some “default” values of FormField appears. Is this by design (PDF format specific) or this is smth in Aspose library that processes them incorrectly, so “1$” appears in FormField?

Best regards,
Alex Shloma

@licenses

We have logged a ticket with ID PDFNET-45781 for further investigations. We will let you as soon as some significant updates will be available in this regard.