Issue with Fonts on Unix Box - Chinese Language

Hi Team,

I am using ASPOSE library to convert my WORD doc to PDF doc and the jar is deployed on UNIX box.
I am facing issue in case if the language of the WORD doc is chinese on UNIX box.

The same component works fine if executed from Windows machine.

Any idea what is causing this different behaviour on Unix box??

Is it possible that the issue is with the charset supporting on Unix box?? Coz if aspose jar is able to convert on windows it should convert on unix as well.

Regards,
VB

This Topic is created by imran.rafique using the Email to Topic plugin.

@998683,

Thanks for your inquiry. Please note that Aspose.Words requires TrueType fonts when rendering documents to fixed-page formats (JPEG, PNG, PDF or XPS). You need to install fonts that are used in your document on the machine where you’re converting documents to PDF. Please refer to the following article:

How Aspose.Words Uses True Type Fonts

Hi Tahir,

Thank you for your reply and for the link to that article.

The article addresses the issue more related to font and its styling supported by Aspose library.

But i am facing different issue. For eg. PFA sample of line from word doc and PDF doc in chinese language.

Is it possible that the issue is with the charset supporting on Unix box?? Coz if aspose jar is able to convert on windows it should convert on unix as well.

Aspose_ChineseLang_Issue.pdf (175.1 KB)

@998683,

Thanks for your inquiry. Probably, you faced this issue due to missing fonts. Please refer to the following article:
How to Receive Notification of Missing Fonts and Font Substitution during Rendering

Please implement IWarningCallback and check if you face any missing font notifications. If you still face problem, please ZIP and attach your input Word document here for testing. We will investigate the issue and provide you more information on this.

chinese_test_doc.zip (15.0 KB)

Hi Team,

I have attached sample chinese document and its PDF version for your reference.
Request you to test at your end and share the result.

Do let me know in case of any further information required from my end.

@998683,

Thanks for sharing the documents.

You are using older version of Aspose.Words. We have tested the scenario using latest version of Aspose.Words for Java 17.7 and have not found the shared issue. Please upgrade to the latest version of Aspose.Words for Java 17.7.

Please also make sure that you have installed all fonts on the machine where you are converting DOCX to PDF. We have attached the output PDF with this post for your kind reference. 17.7.pdf (36.1 KB)

Hi Team,

I am getting below error while using this new library.

Exception in thread “main” java.lang.IllegalStateException: The subscription included in this license allows free upgrades until 23 ??? 2016, but this version of the product was released on 01 ?? 2017. Please renew the subscription or use a previous version of the product.

Could you please advice what needs to be done here wrt subscription?

@998683,

Thanks for your inquiry. Please request for 30-days temporary license from following link and test this scenario.
Get temporary license

If you want to renew your license, please contact our sales team. Please let us know if you have any more queries.

Hi Tahir,

I dont think so the issue is with the old version of Aspose library. Unix platform is unable to read/write chinese characters.
If the issue was with the library, it wouldnt have worked on windows platforn.

@998683,

Thanks for your inquiry. Your issue is related to missing fonts. Please install SimSun font on your system to fix this issue.

Moreover, please implement IWarningCallback interface to check missing font notifications.

Hi Tahir,

I implemeted this interface in my code. Below is the message which i got on Unix machine. Please note, the document has been generated but with incorrect characters.

Font substitution: Font ‘MingLiU’ has not been found. Using ‘Gentium Basic’ font instead.
Font substitution: Font ‘MingLiU’ has not been found. Using ‘Gentium Basic’ font instead.
Font substitution: Font ‘Times New Roman’ has not been found. Using ‘Gentium Basic’ font instead.
Font substitution: Font ‘Times’ has not been found. Using ‘Gentium Basic’ font instead.

Can you please advice on further course of action?

@998683,

Thanks for your inquiry. As shared earlier, you are facing this issue due to missing fonts. Please install the font that your document is using to fix this issue.