Issue with licence for Aspose.PDF for SharePoint 2010

Hi Pavel,

After deeper investigation of the logs, our developers think that the problem could be due to a localized SharePoint version or localized server operating system. Could you please share the localization settings - that is: UI language of Operating System and SharePoint?

Many thanks

Hello,

I ran Get-Culture and Get-UICulture commands. All 3 environments are show consistent results as shown below:

Get-Culture<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

LCID Name DisplayName

3081 en-AU English (Australia)

Get-UICulture

LCID Name DisplayName

1033 en-US English (United States)

Regards,

Pavel

Hi Pavel,

Thanks for sharing the details. We are look into this matter and will get back to you soon.

Hi Pavel,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Thank you for the patience.

Please activate and try PDF Viewer from your Share Point. This feature will allow you to view PDF documents inside SharePoint (each PDF page as JPG image). If PDF core library has license problem then each page will contains red evaluation message.

If you don’t see the evaluation warning that will mean that SharePoint form is showing wrong notification and we will look into it further and resolve the issue.

You may check the following documentation link regarding details on how to activate Aspose.Pdf for SharePoint feature in your installation.

http://www.aspose.com/docs/display/pdfsharepoint/Activation+and+Deactivation+after+installation

Please do let us know if you still face the issue.

Sorry for the inconvenience,

Hi,

I activated Aspose.Pdf.SharePoint2010: PDF Viewer feature and tried to view pdf document in the browser. It showed the message below:

Aspose.Pdf for SharePoint Evaluation. Please purchase a license.

Regards,

Pavel

Hi Pavel,

Now that you have tried PdfViewer feature, can you please share the current logs as they will help us in further investigating this issue. We are really sorry for this inconvenience.

Hi Pavel,

My name is Simon and I am a member of the Business Team here at Aspose.

I wanted to inform you that our development/support team are working on a hotfix for your issue and it should be available today or tomorrow. You will be informed as soon as the hotfix is available and also instructions on how to download and install it.

If this does not successfully solve your issue then we will work together to give Aspose developers direct access to you environment to try and fix the issue remotely.

In the interim, can you check if the message ‘Evaluation Only. Created with Aspose.Pdf. Copyright 2002-2012 Aspose Pty Ltd’ is displayed on the pages of your Pdf document when viewing with PDF viewer? Please let us know the result.

I will be in touch as soon as the hotfix is made available.

Many thanks.

Simon

Hi Pavel,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

We have released the hot fix regarding the license issue. Please download and try the latest version of Aspose.Pdf for SharePoint v1.5.1 and let us if it resolves your licensing issue.

We are sorry for the inconvenience,

Hi,

I reinstalled the software in development and test environments and observed the same results.

1. Export to PDF - the license warning has gone.

2. View PDF - the license warning still appears on every page of the pdf documents

I will send the error log file for more information.

Regards

Pavel

Thank you for the feedback and sending the log files.

ARTC:
View PDF - the license warning still appears on every page of the pdf documents

I am able to generate your mentioned issue and I have shared the information with the development team with you shared log file. As soon as I get a feedback, I will update you via this forum thread.

Sorry for the inconvenience,

Hi Pavel,

I have sent you an email with a new license file and instructions to deploy license.

Can you please complete all steps in the email and share your SharePoint log files?

Many thanks.
Simon

Hi Simon,

I am not sure what happened. I updated the thread with the latest issue last week and now cannot see it. Anyway, will do it again.

The licencing seems to be OK now. There is still an issue with the software that was identified during testing:

PDF conversion does works OK on site collection level. However, it does not work on the site level (known as subsite in SharePoint 2007). I created a library for storing xml template files on the site level and can see them in the popup window. When I click "Export to PDF" nothing happens.

Can the issue please be investigated and corrected.

Regards,
Pavel

Hi Pavel,

I hope this finds you well.

As you raised a new issue in the thread our support team moved it to a new thread for consideration - Problem while creating PDF document with Aspose.Pdf for SharePoint I know our support and development team are looking at this new issue

If this the same issue you are not reporting or a new issue? If it is a new issue please let me know and I will arrange for the support team to create a new thread for the issue and begin investigating.

Many thanks.
Simon