Issue with MSG to EML

Hi Aspose Support team,

I got one issue regarding to the eml file. I set the message flag to unsent for .msg File but lose this flag when convert msg into eml file.
Here is part of the code, Could you please help me ?

Thanks
MapiMessage mapiMsg = MapiMessage.fromMailMessage(message);
mapiMsg.setMessageFlags(MapiMessageFlags.MSGFLAG_UNSENT | MapiMessageFlags.MSGFLAG_FROMME);
mapiMsg.save(outputFileName);
MailMessage msg = MailMessage.load(outputFileName, com.aspose.email.MessageFormat.getMsg());
String emlfilename = outputFileName.substring(0, outputFileName.lastIndexOf("."));
emlfilename=emlfilename+".eml";
msg.save(emlfilename, MailMessageSaveType.getEmlFormat());

This message was posted using Email2Forum by kashif.iqbal.

Hi Renato,

I am afraid to inform you that after an initial test, I was unable to reproduce this issue at my end. I tried to reproduce this with a sent message from my inbox and the resultant MSG and EML files both are both saved in unsent mode. Can you please try it with the latest version of Aspose.Email for Java 2.4.0 and let us know your feedback? We will look into it and try to assist you further.

Hi

Thanks for your reply

I downloaded the 2.4.0 version and tried to open .eml file on windows, it could be opened by window live mail and it was in unsent mode.

However if I used the Mac system to open the same .eml file. the sent button was missing and I could only forward/reply the email.

I’m looking forward to your reply

thanks

Jason

Hi Jason,

Thank you for the feedback.

I would request you to please spare us a little time, as I am in process of setting up environment to test this issue. I will soon share my findings with you here.

Hi Jason,

Thank you for being patient.

I have tested this issue with MS Outlook for Mac and was able to observe the issue of MapiMessageFlags.MSGFLAG_UNSENT being ignored on the Mac OS for the EML files. I have forwarded these details in our issue tracking system for development team to look into it and assist further. As soon as there is any information in this regard, we will update you here via this thread.

The issue has been logged in our issue tracking system as: NETWRKJAVA-33204.

hi

Could you please let me know when this issue can be fixed?

thanks

regards

Jason

Hi Jason,

We have investigated this issue and found that Outlook for Mac is not taking into account the header “X-Unsent=1” that is used by Outlook for windows to specify a message as Draft. We are afraid to inform that this issue can’t be fixed due to the missing information.

Hi

Thanks for your info

Could you please sent this issue to Microsoft?I think they may have the solution.

Regards

Jason

Hi Jason,

I have further discussed this issue with our development team, and we need some time to investigate for any possible implementation of this for Mac at our end. Once there is any information available in this regard, I will update you via this thread.

Hi Jason,

Thank you for being patient towards the findings of our investigation.

As a result of our investigation, we have found that this is a problem in Outlook for Mac instead of Aspose.Email as mentioned earlier. If you create a new message in Outlook for Mac, and save it to the file explorer on Mac, it doesn’t open in Unsent mode if opened again in Outlook. In addition, the “X-Unsent” header is also absent from the message then. I hope this explains the reason for Aspose.Email not having any issue in this case.

Hi Kashif,

Thank you for investigating. Can you please report this bug to Microsoft? I prefer you to report than me because you have a better understanding about the problem. I have dozens of users using MAC and we expect this problem to be solved.

In the case you post the Microsoft bug in a public forum, please share the link because I would like to add comments explaining how important fixing it is.

Kind regards,

JP.

Hi Jason,

Thank you for writing to us.

You can find reference to this issue reported at Microsoft forums via this LINK. I hope there will be some feedback soon in this regard. Please let us know if you have any additional query/inquiry related to Aspose.Email. We’ll try to assist you further to our best.

Thank you.

JP.

Hi,

I’m thinking about a turn around as a consequence of Micr…t irresponsiveness towards this bug. Would you recommend another file format witch Outlook would be able to properly open?

Kind regards.

Hi Jason,

I have tried to search the forum and other documents but could not find some appropriate information in this regard. Outlook can handle MSG files only so its quite difficult for us to suggest some alternate file format which can be used in Outlook.

It is suggested that you may please visit the LINK where issues are discussed related to Office for MAC only. You may get some solution at this link.

Please feel free to write us back if you have any other query in this regard.