Issue with PDF does not show wrap text

hi,

PDF does not show wrap text how it shows in excel.

Estimate (Draft) and Prior Period (Draft) does not show up when save as PDF along with COB :XXXXXX though i wrote sheet1.AutoFitRow(7);

i have attached code and pdf and excel file for your refrence.

Hi Piyush,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells.

Please download and use the latest version: Aspose.Cells
for .NET v8.1.0.2
it should fix your issue.

I have created the pdf from your source file using the following code and it generated correct pdf. I have attached the output pdf for your reference.

Let us know if you still encounter any issue, we will look into it and help you asap.

C#

string filePath = @“F:\Shak-Data-RW\Downloads\RegCapCalcDailySummary_13-Jun-2014.xlsx”;

Workbook workbook = new Workbook(filePath);

workbook.Save(filePath + “.out.pdf”);

hello

you send me Aspose.Cells.dll file but where is it licence file
as it is giving me below error: i have attached screen shot as well.

The subscription included in this license allows free upgrades until 22 Apr 2014, but this version of the product was released on 17 Jun 2014. Please renew the subscription or use a previous version of the product.

Hi,

I am a afraid as your subscription is expired to use newer versions/ fixes, so you got to upgrade your subscription to use latest versions of the product. Please contact Sales team, you may post a query in Aspose.Purchase forum:
http://www.aspose.com/community/forums/aspose.purchase/220/showforum.aspx

Thank you.

i did send email to purchase

hey now i deleted my old .dll file let me know from my old version from

which folder i have to refrence Aspose.Cells.dll file from net2.0 folder ??

Hi Piyush,

As per exception message, you may not be able use the latest build (as shared in our previous post) in licensed mode because your license subscription has expired. We would suggest you to test the latest build in evaluation mode, that is; without setting the license file in your application. Once you are satisfied with the output, you may contact sales department by posting your concerns in Aspose.Purchase forum to renew your subscription so that you could use the latest build in licensed mode.

how to se tin evaluation mode: currently i have folowing licence code how to set up evaluation.please help me.

void Application_Start(object sender, EventArgs e)

{// Code that runs on application startup

Aspose.Cells.

License lic = new Aspose.Cells.License();

lic.SetLicense(

HttpContext.Current.Server.MapPath("Aspose.Cells.lic"));

Aspose.Cells.GridWeb.

License Gridlic = new Aspose.Cells.GridWeb.License();

Gridlic.SetLicense(

HttpContext.Current.Server.MapPath("Aspose.Cells.lic"));

}

piyushpatel:

i did send email to purchase

hey now i deleted my old .dll file let me know from my old version from

which folder i have to refrence Aspose.Cells.dll file from net2.0 folder ??

Hi Piyush,

The attachment shared earlier by my colleague here contains the assembly for .NET Framework 2.0, wheres same assembly can be used with .NET Framework 3.0, 3.5 and 4.0. In case you face any difficulty, please feel free to write back.

Moreover, in order to evaluate the latest build, please comment out the SetLicense statement that sets the license for Aspose.Cells for .NET API. This is because you are going to upgrade just the API and not the Aspose.Cells.GridWeb component.

C#

lic.SetLicense(HttpContext.Current.Server.MapPath("Aspose.Cells.lic"));

hi,

I have try with your new Cell.dll 8.1.0 but still it is not working. in my case PDF file created from data table . source is datatable not excel.

please help as it is working fine we have to generate PDF for reporting purpose ans column should have all info ..

Hi Piyush,

The latest version is 8.1.0.2, as shared earlier in this thread. We have generated a PDF from your provided spreadsheet (RegCapCalcDailySummary_13-Jun-2014.xlsx) while using Aspose.Cells for .NET 8.1.0.2. Unfortunately we are unable to spot a problem. Please review the attached PDF file and highlight problems by take snapshots of them.

Please note, your original source code involves database connectivity, therefore we are unable to execute the code as it is, although if the problem is related to exporting spreadsheets, your provided sample XLSX file is producing correct results.

you are absolutely right xlsx works correctly but when save as PDF has issue

i have attached screen shot which help you to debug .

it does save as PDF only issue is with column Heading that shows only half content (does not show Estimate (draft) if you see C# cod ehow we put this value in to B7 /C7 cells using \n.

sheet1.Cells["B7"].PutValue("COB : " + Common.GetDate_dd_mmm_yyyy(strCobDate) + " \n Estimate (Draft)" );

wb.Save(HttpContext.Current.Response, "RegCapCalcDailySummary_" + String.Format("{0:dd-MMM-yyyy}", Convert.ToDateTime(strCobDate)) + ".pdf", ContentDisposition.Attachment, new OoxmlSaveOptions(SaveFormat.Pdf));

see my generated PDF file .

thanks,
piyush

Hi Piyush,

Thank you for providing the snapshot of the problem.

By closely looking into your provided code snippet, we have noticed that you are executing the below provided statement before inserting data into the cells, due to which the API fits the rows according to the data available at the time of execution.

sheet1.AutoFitRow(7);

Please move this statement at the end of your source code before exporting the spreadsheet to PDF or after inserting the data in cells. This will remove the warp issue mentioned in this thread.

Please note, we have executed the below provided source code on your spreadsheet to generate the attached PDF file.

C#

Aspose.Cells.Workbook sourceBook = new Aspose.Cells.Workbook(file);
var sheet1 = sourceBook.Worksheets[0];
sheet1.Cells[“B7”].PutValue(“COB : " + DateTime.Now.ToShortDateString() + " \n Estimate (Draft)”);
sheet1.AutoFitRows();
sourceBook.Save(myDir + “output.pdf”, SaveFormat.Pdf);

Let us know if the results are as desired. Thanks

Thank you very much for helping out this issue.

ASPOSE support is THE BEST. i can say aspose support is the best in Software industry.

Thanks,

piyush

Hi Piyush,

Thank you for your nice feedback. Please feel free to contact us anytime you need our assistance.