Issue with PDF's in Adobe

108103.PDF (230.4 KB)

We use the adobe products to stitch together multiple PDF documents and add in bookmarks for them.

We also add on header/footer text.

However we have hit two issues. Both of which only present themselves when the resultant PDF is viewed in Adobe Acrobat or IE. They are fine when viewed in Chrome.

Both of these problems can be seen with the attached document.

Problem 1: If we use anything other than Courier for the font (for the header/footer, we get an error when the document is opened, saying Cannot fine or create the font… The header/footer text then also show as just a serious of dots.
Problem 2: The bookmarks are a page out. Clicking on them redirects the screen to one page further on than it should. This however is fine when viewing in Chrome.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Gregg

@gregglinnell

Thanks for contacting support.

Would you please share your sample code snippet which you are using to generate PDF document. This would help us testing the scenario in our environment and address it accordingly.

I managed to sort this. I was using the Outline functionality and setting the action as a FitHExplicitDestination. This caused the problem.

I have since changed to using the BookmarkEditor instead and that is fine.

And somehow in the process of changing that, it also fixed the font issue!!

@gregglinnell

Thanks for your acknowledgement.

It is good to know that your issue has been resolved. Please keep using our API and in case you face any issue, please feel free to let us know.