Issue with PositioningType.PageRelative

I have recently updated my software from Aspose.Pdf 3.9.0 to 4.1.2 and have found a bug that causes major functionality in our software to not work.

I have also tried 4.3.0 and it has exactly the same issue. I am using the .Net 1.1 version

If I have several sections in a PDF, they all start on a new page, which is OK, but if I then add paragraphs to those sections that have their PositioningType set to PageRelative, these sections are no longer on separate pages.

This is a critical issue for us as we rely on PageRelative positioning.

As an example, this code produces a 2 page PDF:

Dim Doc As New Pdf
Dim s1 As New Section
Dim s2 As New Section
Dim para1 As New Text(“Page 1”)
Dim para2 As New Text(“Page 2”)

s1.Paragraphs.Add(para1)
Doc.Sections.Add(s1)

s2.Paragraphs.Add(para2)
Doc.Sections.Add(s2)

Doc.Save(“Test.pdf”)

However, this code produces a 1 page PDF:

Dim Doc As New Pdf
Dim s1 As New Section
Dim s2 As New Section
Dim para1 As New Text(“Page 1”)
Dim para2 As New Text(“Page 2”)

para1.PositioningType = PositioningType.PageRelative
s1.Paragraphs.Add(para1)
Doc.Sections.Add(s1)

para2.PositioningType = PositioningType.PageRelative
s2.Paragraphs.Add(para2)
Doc.Sections.Add(s2)

Doc.Save(“Test.pdf”)

It is critical for us that this issue is resolved. For now we will have to go back to 3.9.0

Any help on this is much appreciated

Hello Chris,

I have tested the scenario and I am able to reproduce the same problem. For the sake of correction, I have logged it in our issue tracking system as PDFNET-17162. We will investigate this issue in details and will keep you updated on the status of a correction. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

We apologize for your inconvenience.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 17162) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.