Issue with unprotect

Hi, i want to report an issue about the functionality of protection in Aspose.Words

Looks like unprotect(String password) doesn’t work with w:cryptProviderType=“rsaAES”

<w:documentProtection w:edit=“readOnly” w:enforcement=“1” w:cryptProviderType=“rsaAES” w:cryptAlgorithmClass=“hash” w:cryptAlgorithmType=“typeAny” w:cryptAlgorithmSid=“14” w:cryptSpinCount=“100000” w:hash=“gDhn/bJdx7THiatwVFurryIMgu4FEUfzHwE5/vX+5ajQEstmD/8ERLZ9uoxcYYczWuRqxDR8e//HdKLwEP9uIQ==” w:salt=“gsVoGBu/IwtHIlMDrnf7Gg==”/>

I will attach the document “prueba.docx” to this post, the password of the document is asdf. The document can be unlocked with MS Word but not with unprotect(String password).

Hi Carlos,

Thanks for your inquiry.

While using the latest version of Aspose.Words i.e. 14.5.0, I managed to reproduce this issue on my side. I have logged this issue in our bug tracking system. The ID of this issue is WORDSNET-10286. Your thread has also been linked to this issue and you will be notified as soon as it is resolved. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Best regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-10286) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.