Issue with .xlsb excel format (getting "found unreadable content" and gettting aspose exception)

Hi

Thanks for the quick reply. we will test it and will share our results.

thanks

Hi

I tested with latest aspose jar, but issue still exists. Please find the attached template.

thanks.

Hi Chandra,

Thanks for your feedhack and using Aspose.Cells.

We were able to replicate this issue using the latest version: Aspose.Cells
for Java v8.3.0.2
by executing the following sample code. Opening and saving Current_Plan_Report_issue2.xlsb makes it corrupt.

We have logged this issue in our database for investigation. We will look into it and fix this issue. Once the issue is resolved or we have some other update for you, we will let you know asap.

This issue has been logged as

• CELLSJAVA-41111 - Opening and saving Current_Plan_Report_issue2.xlsb makes it corrupt

I have attached the output xlsb file which shows error when opened in Microsoft Excel for a reference.

Java

String filePath = “D:\Downloads\Current_Plan_Report_issue2.xlsb”;

Workbook workbook = new Workbook(filePath);

workbook.save(filePath + “out.xlsb”);

Hi Team,

any update on this issue.

thanks

Hi,

Well, we are working on your issue “CELLSJAVA-41111”. Please spare us 3-5 days further, hopefully your issue would be fixed in the next week.

Once we have any update on it, we will let you know here.

Keep in touch.

Thank you.

Hi,

Thanks for your using Aspose.Cells.

We have fixed this issue.

• CELLSJAVA-41111 - Opening and saving Current_Plan_Report_issue2.xlsb makes it corrupt

Please download and try the latest fix: Aspose.Cells for Java v8.3.0.4 and let us know your feedback.

Hi Team,

thanks for your reply.

I tried with latest jar. But when i ran the report with excel (XLSB) which has slicers its not working. its corrupting the base report again.

note: same report in xlsx format is working fine.

please look into the issue ASAP.

thanks.

Hi Chandra,

Thanks for your feedhack and using Aspose.Cells.

We were able to replicate this issue using the latest version: Aspose.Cells
for Java v8.3.0.4
by executing the following sample code. Opening and saving Financial_Statement_Input_Report_Withdata.xlsb makes it corrupt.

We
have logged this issue in our database for investigation. We will look
into it and fix this issue. Once the issue is resolved or we have some
other update for you, we will let you know asap.

This issue has been logged as

• CELLSJAVA-41122 - Opening and saving Financial_Statement_Input_Report_Withdata.xlsb makes it corrupt

I have attached the output xlsb file which shows error when opened in Microsoft Excel for a reference.

Java

String filePath = "D:\\Downloads\\Financial_Statement_Input_Report_Withdata.xlsb";

workbook.save(filePath + ".out.xlsb");

Hi Team,

Any update on this issue?

Thanks

Hi,

I am afraid, your issue logged as “CELLSJAVA-41122” is still in process. I have logged your concerns against your issue into our database. I have also asked the concerned developer to update on it or provide an eta if possible. Once we have any update on it, we will let you know immediately here.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused!

Hi,

Thanks for using Aspose.Cells.

It is to update you that CELLSJAVA-41122 should be fixed in about 19-December-2014.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSJAVA-41111;CELLSJAVA-41101;CELLSJAVA-41102) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.

Hi,

Please try our latest version/fix: Aspose.Cells for Java v8.3.1.1

We have fixed your issue “CELLSJAVA-41122” now.

Let us know your feedback.

Thank you

Hi

Thanks for the reply.

I tested with latest jar. Below are my observations:(attaching original and generated files for reference)

1) Am able to open template with out any issue.
2) Pivot options are not working.

left top corner of the excel sheet , we have a box WORLD_REAGION Desc–> if you click on buttons in that like Americas, asia pacific etc.you will observe that the values in the right side boxes to that change and the values in below table gets change.

Please look into this issue ASAP.

Thanks

Hi,

Thanks for providing us template files and details.

After an initial test, I observed the issue as you mentioned by opening and re-saving your template XLSB file, the PivotTable connections removed for the slicer shape when re-saving the XLSB file format as you pointed out.
e.g
Sample code:

string filePath = @“e:\test2\Financial_Statement_Input_Report_Withdata_original.xlsb”;

workbook.Save(filePath + “.out1.xlsb”);

I have logged an issue with an id “CELLSNET-43248” for your issue. We will look into your issue to figure it out soon.

Once we have any update on it, we will let you know here.

Thank you.

Hi,

any update on this issue? if possible can you please provide the ETA?

Thanks

Hi Chandra,

Thank you for writing back.

I am afraid, we haven’t yet received any updates regarding the last ticket logged for the problem of “PivotTable connections removed for the slicer when re-saving an XLSB file format”. We have recorded a note for the concerned development team member to share an estimated release schedule for the fix. As soon as we receive any updates in this regard, we will post here for your kind reference.

Hi,

It is to update you that

• CELLSNET-43248 - PivotTable connections removed for the slicer when re-saving an XLSB file format

should be fixed in about December 31, 2014.

Hi,

We have fixed this issue.

• CELLSNET-43248 - PivotTable connections removed for the slicer when re-saving an XLSB file format

Please download and try the latest fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET v8.3.1.2 and let us know your feedback.

Hi Team,

This issue is raised for JAVA. But unfortunately this was routed to .net by the team

CELLSNET-43248 . Please provide the related JAVA fix.

Thanks