Issue Working with PPTX Files (Priority Support Order)

PRIORITY SUPPORT NEEDED

We purchased the Aspose.Slides component today and have started using it in one of our projects. Before purchasing it, I used the demo version to manipulate .PPT files and read that the component also supports .PPTX files. However, now any time I try a PPTX I get an error.

Here is a sample line I'm trying in C#:

Presentation pres = new Presentation(@"c:\TestDirectory\Template.pptx");

Here is the error message that is thrown:

"The file is ZIP archive. It can be Microsoft PowerPoint 2007 PPTX presentation."

If I open up that pptx file in PowerPoint and save it as just a regular ppt file, I can access it successfully:

Please let me know if there is something I'm doing wrong or missing. This is a critical issue for us.

Jamal Walden, Prudential

PRIORITY SUPPORT NEEDED

We purchased the Aspose.Slides component today and have started using it in one of our projects. Before purchasing it, I used the demo version to manipulate .PPT files and read that the component also supports .PPTX files. However, now any time I try a PPTX I get an error.

Here is a sample line I'm trying in C#:

Here is the error message that is thrown:

"The file is ZIP archive. It can be Microsoft PowerPoint 2007 PPTX presentation."

If I open up that pptx file in PowerPoint and save it as just a regular ppt file, I can access it successfully:

Presentation pres = new Presentation(@"c:\TestDirectory\Template.ppt");

Please let me know if there is something I'm doing wrong or missing. This is a critical issue for us.

Jamal Walden, Prudential

Dear Jamal,

Thanks for your interest in Aspose.Slides.

The issue that you are encountering is due to fact that you are trying to access the PPTX file use Presentation class object. Please remember that Aspose.Slides and Aspose.Slides.Pptx are two separate APIs but packaged together. Aspose.Slides deals with PPT,POT and POS. Where as Aspose.Slides.Pptx deals with PPTX, POTX and POSX presentations. Please use the code snippet given here to access the PPTX presentations. Please share with us, if you may have any further thoughts.

Thansks and Regards,

Hi ,

currently , I have the same error and i hope to know if you have any proposition or any solution because frankly i’m blocked in this issue

thank’s in advance

best regards
Sami

Hi Sami,

Thanks for your interest in Aspose.Slides.

Please share the complete issue details along with source presentation with us. Please also share the sample application with us so that I may investigate the issue on my end to help you out.

Many Thanks,