Issues in creating thumbnail of charts/table

We are using Aspose.Slides library to extract data from PPT .
we are facing issues while creating thumbnail for tables/charts .Issue is below mentioned exception
Parameter is not valid. at System.Drawing.Bitmap…ctor(Int32 width, Int32 height, PixelFormat format)

This issue comes only when we are running application in Linux containers , when inw erun in IIS it works fine.

@rahulvalecha145,
Thank you for your request. To help you, we need to know the next things:

• The version of Aspose.Slides you used
  • The PPT file you mentioned
  • The code example reproducing the issue
  • The version and distribution of Linux

Aspose.Slides for .NET => 21.3

PPT can not be shared

using (var ms = new MemoryStream())
{
try
{
var presentation = new Presentation(ms);
var slideShapes= presentation.Slides[slide.SlideNumber].Shapes;
var chrt = slideShapes.OfType()[0]
IShape chrt
chrt.GetThumbnail().Save(ms, ImageFormat.Png);

}
            catch (Exception ex)
            {

}
        }

It is an dotnet core (3.1)app running in Linux container

@rahulvalecha145,
Thank you for the additional information.

You can compress the file to a ZIP archive and upload it.

I am really sorry , I am not allowed to share the PPT file it belongs to an client . I am using Debian 10 image for my container.

I debugged the issue and found that width of chart is 466.43 which is floating point value and I think Bitmap constructor needs int values .
Please let me know if anything else is required.

But i am not able to understand how it works in IIS.

@rahulvalecha145,
We are doing our best to help you. But unfortunately, we cannot reproduce the issue and find out the causes without that PPT file in your case. As a workaround, try to create a similar presentation with the same error.

Graph-issue.zip (483.7 KB)
Hi Andrey , I am attaching ppt which has graph who throws exception on calling GetThumbnail method.
I again tried and I am sure that it works fine on IIS but thows exception while running in Linux container.
Can you please provide us the solution asap ?

@rahulvalecha145,
Thank you for the presentation sample. I managed to reproduce the error. I’ve logged the issue in our tracking system with ID SLIDESNET-42554. Our development team will investigate this case. You will be notified when it is fixed.

I requested an estimated time to fix the issue from our development team. I will let you know when it is possible.

Do we have any updates on this?

@rahulvalecha145,
The issue investigation will be starting next week.

Has the investigation started on this issue ?

@rahulvalecha145,
Our development team has been working on this issue. A fix will be released in Aspose.Slides 21.6.

When can we expect the new release ?

@rahulvalechabcg,
Welcome to our community! Aspose.Slides for .NET 21.6 will be released in the second half of June.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESNET-42554) have been fixed in this update.