Issues in the Aspose.words while converting the documents to PDF

Hi,
We downloaded the Aspose.Words dll for evaluation of pdf conversion (from wordml files) and in our tests, we have seen a few issues. We are comparing the results with another PDF conversion s/w and the issues seem to be on Aspose side. The issues are attached in the attachment. Can you please provide your response to these?

Hi Navin,

Thanks for your inquiry and sharing your issues here.

For us to fully reproduce the issues on our side we will need the input document for testing. Could you please attach that here for us? All attachments made on this forum by you are completely private and can only be downloaded by you and Aspose staff.

Additionally you can choose to e-mail me your files directly by clicking the “Contact” button above this post and choosing the E-mail option.

Given your descriptions I can make a few comments now:

a) This is probably caused by a text frame, if this it converted to textbox the issue may not occur.
d) The difference in file size maybe due to fonts being embedded in the output PDF. Currently Aspose.Words embeds all fonts into the document, even “standard” fonts such as Arial whereas applications such as Microsoft Word do not.
e) There are no limitations to file size in Aspose.Words, the only restriction is the amount of RAM on your machine. However, please note Aspose.Words converts documents to PDF only, it does not work with existing PDF documents. If you are looking to concat PDFs you will need to use Aspose.Pdf to do this.

Thanks,

Thanks. I will try and send you the input documents… However, please note that I was talking about Aspose.PDF only… is there any limit on number of documents getting merged or size of result documents in Aspose.PDF?

Hello
Thanks for your inquiry. Do you use Aspose.Words to concatenate your documents or Aspose.Pdf? If you use Aspose.Pdf please write to appropriate forum:
https://forum.aspose.com/c/pdf/10
Best regards,

PFA the document and converted PdF which has issues I mentioned in the original post.
I will post the issue to Aspose.PDF forum but is there not a common forum where I can post my issues rather than worrying which component it is.

I am not able to figure out… how do I attach more attachments to this post… please let me know…

Hi
Thanks for your request. You can simply zip all files and attach one archive here or use “Additional Attachment/Add” option on the bottom of “Reply” page.
Note “Quick reply” does not allow attaching files.
Best regards,

Attached are the attachments.

Also, please let me know if there is an option in Aspose where it does not embedd the standard fonts in the converted PDF file this is needed to reduce the overall file size.

Hi
Thank you for additional information. I managed to reproduce the problem on my side. Your request has been linked to the appropriate issue. You will be notified as soon as it is resolved.
As a simple workaround, you can simply open/save the file in MS Word. After this the Aspose correctly converts your document.

Regarding using “Core fonts” upon converting to PDF, unfortunately, this feature is not supported by Aspose.Words at the moment. I will let you know once it is available.
Best regards,

Hi,
Can you please provide a timeframe when the issue is expected to be resolved (where the bookmark value is printing vertically)?
We would like to start using Aspose and before buying it, we would like to know the fix timelines.

Also, if you can provide us some insight on what is causing this issue. We have about 8 - 10 K Templates and we need to what kind of testing we would need to do if we started using Aspose.
If possible, we would like to speak to tech support to understand any other other similar issues we might run into.

While testing Aspose, we have hit another issue. Please find attached word document which Aspose is not able to convert and is giving “Object reference” error.

Again, in this if I open, unprotect, save, protect and convert to PDF; it gets converted fine.

It will be really helpful if you can provide us the details of this issue as well and let us know if this is related to earlier issue.

Hi
Thanks for your request.

1. Unfortunately, at the moment I cannot provide you any estimate regarding these issues. Our development team will analyze the issues and then we will provide you an estimate.
  2. Most likely the problem occurs because table grid of this table in your document is not in actual state. This causes incorrect rendering of the table. After open/save the document using MS Word, it updated table grid and Aspose.Words can correctly render the document.
  3. I managed to reproduce the problem on my side. Your request has been linked to the appropriate issue. We will let you know once it is resolved.
    The problem does not seem to be related to the first one. I investigated it a bit and font that this tag causes the problem:
<Vehicle_Fields_Array></Vehicle_Fields_Array>

If remove it, the document can be rendered without any problems.
Best regards,

Please let me know if there is any progress to any of the problems we have put here.

Hi
Thanks for your request. The issues are in the queue for analysis. Once our developers analyze the issues, we will provide you more information and estimates. I apologize for inconvenience.
Best regards,

Hi,

We need to make a decision on start using Aspose based on the timelines you provide to fix the issue; please let us know what kind of timelines we are talking about for these issues? Is this days, weeks, months or even more?

Hi
Thanks for your request. We will immediately let you know once there is additional information about these issues.
Best regards,

Please let me know if any progress has been made for this issue.

Hi Navin,

Thanks for your inquiry. Unfortunately, these issues are not resolved yet. Please check below the progress of issues:

WORDSNET-5661: This issue is pending for analysis and is in the queue.

WORDSNET-5665: This issue is pending for analysis and is in the queue.

WORDSNET-2716: The responsible developer has completed the analysis of this issue

We will keep you informed and let you know once these are resolved. Sorry for inconvenience.

Best Regards,