Issues rendering bi-directional text from a DrawingML object (.emf data) to a png image

Hey,

Given a DrawingML object that contains a .emf formatted vector graphic that appears to have originated from an external application, the shape rendering API does not correctly place bi-directional text. It is partly out of order if you look closely.

Below I am attaching an example application and file that demonstrates the issue. I just verified that it does not render the image correctly on Aspose.Word for Java version 14.2 (the newest I could find).

You will just need to place the example document in a resources directory at the same location as a compiled jar for the java file I am attaching.

There are three files:

• BidiTest.java - A simple program that loads the word document and uses the rendering API to convert the DrawingML (.emf) to a .png image.
  • example.docx - the original file to load
  • out_image.png - this is what you should get as a result of running the main() method.

Thank you for any assistance!

Hi Chase,

Thanks for your inquiry.

I have tested the scenario and have managed to reproduce the same issue at my side. For the sake of correction, I have logged this problem in our issue tracking system as WORDSJAVA-859. I have linked this forum thread to the same issue and you will be notified via this forum thread once this issue is resolved.

We apologize for your inconvenience.