Convert PS to PDF - Issues when applying Aspose.Total license to Aspose.Page

Hi all,

We’re running into some issues using Aspose.Page for Java with our Aspose.Total license. Details:
Aspose.Page for Java 19.9
Java 1.8
Encountered on both MacOS Mojave and Windows 10
License activation works for all other Aspose products we’ve tried

When converting our PostScript input files (attached) to PDF, we get the following exception:
Unlicensed product allows converting only PostScript files less than 1kB

We don’t get any exceptions when applying the license, oddly enough. Only when we try to convert files from PostScript to PDF. Input files:
tigers.zip (61.8 KB)

Code used to apply license:

public static void activePage() throws Exception
{
    byte[] licenseBytes = getLicenseBytes(); // getLicenseBytes not shown for security reasons
    com.aspose.page.License page = new com.aspose.page.License();
    try (InputStream is = new ByteArrayInputStream(Arrays.copyOf(licenseBytes, licenseBytes.length)))
    {
        page.setLicense(is);
    }
}

Please let me know if you notice anything we did wrong or if you need more information to find the problem. Thank you!

@BenBruno54

Would you please make sure that you are using correct version of Aspose.Page for Java i.e. which was released within the subscription expiry date of your license. In case issue is still persisting on using correct API version, would you please share your license file with us in a private message. We will test the scenario in our environment and address it accordingly.

You may please send a private message by clicking over username and pressing Blue Message button.

@asad.ali Sorry for the late response. We went ahead and tested on Aspose.Page for Java 19.8 as well and saw the same behavior. We’re certain that 19.8 is within our licensing period, as our license is working correctly with other Aspose for Java modules on version 19.8.

I will message our license to you shortly.

@BenBruno54

Thank you for sharing the license.

We are unable to reproduce the issue in our environment as the license is set fine with Aspose.Page for Java 19.10 and the PDF document is generated without any evaluation watermark. Please ensure your activePage method must run before converting files. tiger.pdf

In case the issue still persists then please share SSCCE sample application because the license is working fine so your application would need to be double checked.

@Farhan.Raza

Thanks for testing that out! We went back and did some extra testing ourselves. We found that the license does work when converting a single PS document to PDF. Trying to convert two or more documents simultaneously causes the license error.

Let me know if you guys have tested or can test the above case - A SSCCE sample will take some time on our end. I’ll only have time to get to it after my current priorities.

@BenBruno54

Thank you for sharing further details.

Please take all the time you need and get back to us as per your convenience. There is a possibility of problem getting resolved or narrowed down while reproducing it, as requested by us. We will investigate your use case further once you elaborate the approach you are following to accomplish your requirements.

Hi all,

I replied to the previous private message thread with an example project. I didn’t want to post it here as the project does contain our un-encrypted license file (sending our encryption algorithm to external parties is a no-go; we use it for more than just license encryption). Wanted to make sure you all received that message.

@BenBruno54

Thank you for requested data.

We have been able to reproduce the problem and a ticket with ID PAGEJAVA-74 has been logged in our issue management system for further investigations. We will let you know once any update will be available in this regard.

Hello,

I see that PAGEJAVA-74 has been marked as closed – which release is this supposed to be in?

@BenBruno54

We would like to share with you that the issue has been resolved. Please use latest version of the API and in case you face any issue, please feel free to let us know.