Issues while taking backup of folders from account on exchange

@kashif.iqbal

GetMailboxSize() is working fine but still facing problem while filter applies on the body of mail .

Another query is that, is there any method of saving mailbox data into PST file.

ExchangeFolderInfo info = client.GetFolderInfo(mailboxInfo.InboxUri);
ExchangeFolderInfoCollection fc = new ExchangeFolderInfoCollection();
fc.Add(info);
client.Backup(fc, “E:\pers.pst”, BackupOptions.None);

Because this method saves only one folder at a time and i want all folders data into pst file.

@StellarDeveloper,

You may please use BackupOptions.Recursive option instead of BackupOptions.None to back all the nested folders.

Regarding issue in querying body text, as mentioned earlier that this feature is working fine at our end. If you are still facing issue, please create a new thread and provide us the sample code and a test account credentials where the messages are saved for testing. We will test issue there using your test mail account and provide assistance accordingly.

@kashif.iqbal

Filter body is working fine.

But now i am facing problem in saving pst. I am using two methods by which i get all folders from exchange and both methods gives exception.

ExchangeFolderInfoCollection fc = new ExchangeFolderInfoCollection();
ExchangeFolderInfoCollection folderInfoCollection = client.ListSubFolders(rootUri);

foreach (ExchangeFolderInfo folderInfo in folderInfoCollection)
{
fc.Add(folderInfo);
// Call the recursive method to read messages and get sub-folders
ListMessagesInFolder(client, folderInfo, rootFolder);
}
client.Backup(fc, “E:\personal.pst”, BackupOptions.Recursive);

OR

ExchangeFolderInfoCollection folderInfoCollection = client.ListSubFolders(rootUri);
client.Backup(folderInfoCollection, “E:\personal.pst”, BackupOptions.Recursive);

Can you tell me what i am doing wrong.

@StellarDeveloper,

We have tried the scenario and observed this issue. It is logged under Id:EMAILNET-38962 for detailed analysis. We will write back here once issue is identified and feedback is ready to share.

@kashif.iqbal

In which version of Aspose.Email this issue is resolved.

@StellarDeveloper,

The fix for this issue will be available in upcoming version of API i.e. Aspose.Email for .NET 18.5. We’ll update you here once the fix version is available for download.

Ok.
Thank you

@StellarDeveloper,

There is an overloaded function for AppendMessage() which contains three arguments. First is string, second is MapiMessage and third one is boolean. Set third parameter as true, it will append message in sent mode. Please give it a try and share the feedback.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as EMAILNET-38962) have been fixed in this update. This message was posted using BugNotificationTool from Downloads module by kashif.iqbal