Using Aspose.Cells 5.1.3 we encountered several problems with exporting charts to PDF.
1. Gradient and title lost in chart.
2. X axis values are in white rectangles.
3. Bar with negative value is not displayed in Excel, but displayed in PDF.
4. Bar with value more than 100% is cutted off in Excel, but fully displayed in PDF.
Source xlsx and result pdf files are attached. Also attached expected result pdf file (generated by built-in Excel 2010 converter to pdf).
Please take a look at these issues and give ETA when it can be fixed.
Thanks for providing us template files with issue details.
I have found your mentioned issues, I have logged it into our issue tracking system with an id: CELLSNET-20583. We will figure it out soon.
Could you give ETA for these issues?
We are working on this issue. With anticipation we will be able to provide a fix on this weekend.
Sounds good. Thank you!
We are making progress. We will update you soon. We Apologies for the inconvenience.
We have solved your issues, please try the attached version.
Chart changes are good. But grid becomes slightly corrupted. Please take a look.
Here is my resultant PDF file using your Issue1 Excel file. After looking the PDF file, I think it is fine.
I am not sure why your file is slightly different than mine (regarding grid data above the chart). Please make sure that you are using v22.214.171.124 version, also kindly give us your input file with sample code if you utilize some page setup or formatting options.
OK. Source file is attached.
I have verified version number - it is 126.96.36.199.
I do not use any page setup or formatting options. The code is straightforward:
var license = new License();
var wb = new Workbook(sourceFileName); // xlsx
wb.Save(resultFileName); // pdf
Now that is strange to me. I have used your attached file to convert it to pdf file (attached) using your code, the exported PDF file is fine. Please see the attached file.
Maybe we are using slightly different versions of Aspose.Cells.dll?
What is CRC32 of your file? Mine is C81AF44E.
Well, Aspose.Cells.dll’s CRC32 value is same: C81AF44E
OK, I am attaching sources and binaries of very-very simple conversion project (without license).
Could you execute on your PC?
Still, I got same result using your Excel file in your project. Attached is my Issue1.pdf file.
Could you give us your environment details with OS etc. We will further look into your issue.
OS Name: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional (64 bit)
OS Version: 6.1.7600 N/A Build 7600
OS Manufacturer: Microsoft Corporation
OS Configuration: Standalone Workstation
OS Build Type: Multiprocessor Free
System Type: x64-based PC
Processor(s): 1 Processor(s) Installed.
: AMD64 Family 16 Model 4 Stepping 3 AuthenticAMD ~3000 Mhz
Windows Directory: C:\Windows
System Directory: C:\Windows\system32
System Locale: ru;Russian
Input Locale: en-us;English (United States)
Total Physical Memory: 6142 MB
Available Physical Memory: 2064 MB
Virtual Memory: Max Size: 6141 MB
Virtual Memory: Available: 1846 MB
Virtual Memory: In Use: 4295 MB
Page File Location(s): N/A
.Net Framework version - 3.5 + 4.0
Please let me know, if you need additional information.
I tested on several other PCs and it worked fine (even on two other Win 7 64 bit machines). Also it works fine on the target server and this is good.
However, it is interesting why Aspose.Cells behaves differently on different machines.
Do you have some kind of debug output? I can run conversion with debug settings and give you logs if you provide details how to enable it.
Many thanks for your feedback.
Aspose.Cells has same Behavior on different machines. You see the difference due to Abobe Reader setting. Please change the Adobe Reader setting as;
Edit-->Preferences-->Page Display-->Enhance thin lines.
It doesn’t work for me. I changed this setting, but nothing changes. I have Adobe Reader 9.3.2 installed.
It seems the difference is not in displaying pdf, but in producing it on different machines.
As you can see, the pdf produced on my PC has defects that can be viewed on any PC.
I checked the same scenario with Aspose.Cells 188.8.131.52 - the grid defect was still there, so this behavior had been introduced earlier.
Please let me know, if I can help you in investigation this issue. However, this grid issue doesn’t affect our project very much, because Aspose.Cells works well on target server.