Issues with custom properties and unprotect

Hi

I’m stuck with two problems with the Aspose API

1. If i protect a document with Microsoft Word, the unprotect() cannot validate the password … unprotect() works if i protect the document with the API. Am i doing something wrong ?

2. If i have a Custom Property in my docx file, the property uses a basic string value (bstr) … Aspose API can’t recognize it …

Thanks for your attention

Hi Carlos,

Thanks for your inquiry. Please attach your input documents (a document i.e. protected using Microsoft Word and a document having custom property) here for testing. Please also share the source code for reproducing these two scenarios on our end. We will investigate the issues and provide you more information.

Best regards,
I used this code to test the documents i attached to the post, thanks for your attention

import com.aspose.words.CustomDocumentProperties;
import com.aspose.words.Document;
import com.aspose.words.DocumentProperty;
import java.io.ByteArrayInputStream;
import java.io.File;
import java.io.IOException;
import java.util.Iterator;
import org.apache.commons.io.FileUtils;

public class TestErrors {

public static void main(String[] args) throws Exception {
byte[] arc;
Document doc;
// The password is 12345
arc = FileUtils.readFileToByteArray(new File("test_password.docx"));
doc = new com.aspose.words.Document(new ByteArrayInputStream(arc));

// This prints false
System.out.println(doc.unprotect("12345"));
// This document uses a custom property called _Version, its type is bstr
/**
*/
arc = FileUtils.readFileToByteArray(new File("T-2013073257-00320.docx"));
doc = new com.aspose.words.Document(new ByteArrayInputStream(arc));
CustomDocumentProperties custom = doc.getCustomDocumentProperties();
Iterator iter = custom.iterator();
while(iter.hasNext()){
DocumentProperty property = (DocumentProperty) iter.next();
// The only property found is Token, the type of the property is lpwstr
System.out.println(property.getName());
}

}

}

Hi Carlos,

Thanks for your inquiry.
Carlos:
1. If i protect a document with Microsoft Word, the unprotect() cannot validate the password ... unprotect() works if i protect the document with the API. Am i doing something wrong ?
I tested the scenario and have managed to reproduce the same problem on my side. For the sake of correction, I have logged this problem in our issue tracking system as WORDSNET-9724. Our development team will further look into the details of this problem and will keep you updated on the status of correction. We apologize for your inconvenience.
Carlos:
2. If i have a Custom Property in my docx file, the property uses a basic string value (bstr) ... Aspose API can't recognize it ...
We are working over this query and will get back to you soon.

Best regards,

Hi Carlos,

Carlos:
2. If i have a Custom Property in my docx file, the property uses a basic string value (bstr) … Aspose API can’t recognize it …
While using the latest version of Aspose.Words i.e. 14.1.0, I managed to reproduce this issue on my side. I have logged this issue in our bug tracking system. The ID of this issue is WORDSNET-9754. Your thread has also been linked to this issue and you will be notified as soon as it is resolved. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Best regards,

Thanks for your attention !!

I wanted to know … how long it takes the resolution of the issues … we want to use Aspose.Word in our production environment … but these issues are keeping our tests at bay …

Another detail, we’re using Aspose.Words for Java … the issue will be resolved in .NET and Java versions of the API ?

Thanks for your help

Hi Carlos,

Thanks for your inquiry.

The fix of WORDSNET-9724 will be included in Aspose.Words 14.3.0 (March 2014 release). However, WORDSNET-9754 is currently pending for analysis and is in the queue. Please note that, an issue first needs to be investigated to find the exact source of problem and then we investigate the best possible way to fix the issue. Once your outstanding issue is analyzed, we will then be able to provide you more information on ETA. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Secondly, the latest version of Aspose.Words for Java is completely auto-ported from .NET, i.e. we do not write code for Aspose.Words for Java; it is generated out automatically from C# code of Aspose.Words for .NET. In your case, the issues which were logged with WORDSNET prefix, would be auto resolved for Java variant of Aspose.Words.

Best regards,

Hi, thanks for your response

We wish to know … When will be available the March release ? We want to purchase Aspose Total for Java … but we need the new version of Aspose.Words

Hi Carlos,

Thanks for your inquiry. The “14.3.0 - Mar 2014” release will be published at the end of March or during the first week of April. We will notify you via this thread as soon as this version containing the fix of your issue is released.

Best regards,

Sorry for the inconvenience

We have issues working with Word 2013 … When we save a document with Aspose edited in Word 2013, some bookmarks dissapeared but they still exist in the document … and then … using Aspose against the damaged document … the result is a document stuck in “Web Design”.

I wanted to know the compatibility of the Aspose.Words API vs Word 2013

Hi Carlos,

Thanks for your inquiry. In general, Aspose.Words supports Microsoft Word 2013. Please attach your input and output Word documents your’re getting this problem with here for testing. We will investigate the issue on our end and provide you more information.

Best regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-9724) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.

@carlosl,

Regarding WORDSNET-9754, we have completed the work on this issue and concluded to close this issue with “Won’t fix” status because it is also not supported by MS Word. Please let us know if we can be of any further assistance.