Issues With Eclipse Recommendations For Functions After Maven Import

Hi,

After the successful maven import for the Aspose.Cells, the function recommendation box doesn’t show the complete list of all the functions, rather it says “Error retrieving proposal text”

Issues-Maven.png (141.9 KB)

Following are the dependencies and repository added.

org.bouncycastle bcprov-jdk16 1.46 com.aspose aspose-cells 18.7 com.aspose aspose-cells 18.7 javadoc AsposeJavaAPI Aspose Java API http://artifact.aspose.com/repo/

@kushagra93,

I have tested it with Eclipse Photon IDE but the issue is not appearing on our end. The list of all functions is displayed fine. Please upgrade your IDE to latest version and if you still face the problem then share your project with us and we will check it on our side. Also, you can visit API References for description of member functions and different classes.

Hi, I have used an EC2 Instance, with the new setup of Eclipse, and still having this issue, attaching my Eclipse Project with this thread for your consideration.

I am using Eclipse Oxygen (recently updated) if moving to photon version is your recommendation, I am happy to do that as well :slight_smile:

Thanks,maven-Demo.zip (7.4 KB)

Kushagra Sahni

@kushagra93,

We were able to observe the issue but we need to look into it more. We have logged the issue in our database for investigation and for a fix. Once, we will have some news for you, we will update you in this topic.

This issue has been logged as

CELLSJAVA-42693 - "Error retrieving proposal text" shown for Eclipse recommendations for functions after Maven import

Alright, Thanks :slight_smile:

@kushagra93,

We have investigated the issue and afraid to share that we cannot find the cause of such kind of issue. When using the jar in normal project(no maven), there is no problem. And we have tested our latest version 18.8 in maven project, we found 18.8 has no such kind of issue. You may please try it. For the issue of 18.7, we will make further investigation but not sure we can find the solution.