Issues with nested groups and sub-totals

We are having some issues getting nested groups and sub-totals to work. Please see the attachment. We have attached a VSS/C# sample project to reproduce the issue.

There are also 3 Excel files:

• SmartMarkerTemplate.xlsx - This is the template with the smart markers
  • SmartMarkerTemplate_Output.xlsx - This is the output as created by Aspose
  • SmartMarkerTemplate_Output_Desired.xlsx - This is the desired output

You can clearly see the issues. What are we doing wrong?

@roel.vlemmings

Thanks for using Aspose.Cells.

Please provide us your 3 Excel files as you have mentioned in your post. We do not see any attachments with your post. Please re-attach them and provide us the links. We will look into your issue and help you asap.

Sample.zip (32.7 KB)

Sorry, attached now. I had to leave out the Aspose.Cells.dll from the project because the size became too large. We are using 17.5.0.0.

@roel.vlemmings

Thanks for considering Aspose.Cells.

We have tried your code and generated the output Excel file with smart marker tags and its data successfully, but we are unable to achieve your desired output Excel file.

We have logged an investigation ticket for your issue. We will look into it and see if your requirements can be achieved successfully with smart markers. Once, there is some news for you, we will update you asap.

This issue has been logged as

`CELLSNET-45449 - Nested Groups and SubTotals are to be ordered correctly

@roel.vlemmings

We are afraid, we cannot support your needs but we have rectified the smart markers in your template and they are much better now.

SmartMarkerTemplate.xlsx.remove.zip (9.7 KB)

Are you saying that you will not support, or that you will try and fix it? I can see that the CELLSNET-45449 issue is still open. What would be the time frame for fixing it?

Also, I cannot download your attachment. It says “Sorry, this file is private. Only visible to post creator and staff members.”. I noticed that when I come to this new forum I am signing out. Even when I sign back in, I go back to the old forum, and then when I come back here, the user icon shows signed out again.

@roel.vlemmings

Please download it from this link.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4nFZW7rqj8-cDZBVlBzTEVRbWM/view

First try this updated Smart Marker file (link given above) and then let us know your feedback.

We looked at this. It’s better but not what our desired output is as shown in the Excel file we gave you. So my question is: will you fix this and if so, by when? Because without this Aspose.Cells is not usable for is - we have very specific requirements.

You still have CELLSNET-45449 open, does this mean you will work on a fix?

@roel.vlemmings

Thanks for your feedback and using Aspose.Cells.

We are afraid, we cannot improve it further. So, your issue will be marked as Won’t Fix. We recommend you, you take our provided smart marker file as template, experiment with it and then modify your desired output which you could achieve using smart marker.

The other way is that you leave smart marker feature and achieve your desired output with raw Aspose.Cells API. By raw, I mean, with normal Aspose.Cells APIs.

@roel.vlemmings

Thanks for using Aspose.Cells.

We have investigated your issue further and found, you should use Pivot Table + Smart Markers to achieve your desired requirements.

In the following links, we have provided you Smart Marker Template and Output Files. Please download them. Hopefully, you will find them helpful.