Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Issues with release 1.4.5

I've experimented with release 1.4.5 and found two issues:

1) Worksheet references. If I try to reference data in a particular field of another worksheet by entering something like SheetName!C1, then all I get is #REF. In other words, cross-worksheet references don't seem to be working. They worked in release 1.4.4, but there were some problems with saving cross-worksheet references (see one of my previous posts).

2) Saving data in multi-sheet documents when EnableSession="False". When I go to any non-default sheet, enter some data, then press "Save", the text gets written to the default sheet. In release 1.4.4, I was able to use a viewstate variable that was initialized in the SheetTabClick handler and then was used to reset ActiveSheetIndex on Page_Load. This technique, for some reason, no longer works in release 1.4.5.

Could you tell me how I could use cross-worksheet references and work with multisheet documents (EnableSession=False) in version 1.4.5.

Thanks,

Yuriy

Hi,

1) This control doesn't support sheet name contains white space so far. Please check.

2) When EnableSession="False", you should handle Page_Load event to load data from disk each time when the control need to restore its last state, and handle SaveCommand, SubmitCommand and SheetTabClick event to save data to disk each time when the control's state is changed.

Hi,

1) The sheet names in my case DO NOT include any white spaces.

2) That's exacty what I am doing. It worked perfectly in release 1.4.4 (see one of my previous posts). The same code stopped working in release 1.4.5.

Please advise.

Yuriy

Hi,

1) I have tested the sheet reference formula in our online demos(http://www.aspose.com/products/aspose.excel.web/demos) and get a correct result. I use the "sheets" demo, add a new sheet, in the new sheet, in a cell, input "=Students!A2", click the "save" button, then I get an Excel file, and the file contents what I just input correctly. So I think may be you are running the wrong version of the control. Please check your project to see if you are building with the latest version dll. I suggest to uninstall the Aspose.Excel.Web first and reinstall it. Be sure that your running application's bin directory contains the latest dll.

2) Since the 1.4.5 import/export excel files routine does restore/save the ActiveSheetIndex from/to the excel file but 1.4.4 and before not, you need not to manage the sheet index with ViewState.

And remember, call WebWorksheet.Clear() before calling WebWorksheet.ImportExcelFile().

BTW, the latest version is 1.4.5.1, please check the download site.

Henry:

Thank you for the reply. I will reinstall the control and double-check. Will let you know how it works.

Btw, I just checked http://www.aspose.com/Downloads/Aspose.Excel.Web/Default.aspx, and the latest version I see there is 1.4.5.0. Maybe the latest version has not been uploaded to the download section?

Thanks,

Yuriy

Hi,

You can download the latest installation package through that download link. Our download comment not updated since 1.4.5.1 is a minor and unimportant upgrade of 1.4.5.0. If you are not sure if your downloaded version is the latest, please check the version number of the Aspose.Excel.Web.dll after installation.

Henry:

I downloaded and installed the latest version from the download section of the website. The version of the dll that comes with the MSI package is 1.4.5.0. At the same time, the version that is included in the DLL-only package is 1.4.5.1. I tried both, the results are the same, i.e. the issues were still present.

I have resolved the issue with saving when EnableSession=False by using a viewstate variable. The problem is caused by the fact when you click "Save" or "Submit", the ActiveSheetIndex doesn't get carried thru as it does when a sheet tab is clicked. So the ActiveSheetIndex has to be stored in a viewstate variable and then set in the load event after the Excel file is imported. If that is not done, the default worksheet gets updated.

I will work on the second problem with cross-sheet references and will let you know if I figure out how it can be resolved.

Thanks,

Yuriy

Henry:

I looked at the other issue. It looks like installing the latest version or something else caused the multiple worksheet references to start working. So now references like Sheet!A1, i.e. relative references, work. At the same time, the control does not work for absolute cell references, for example, =Sheet1!$A$1. Could you add the support for absolute cell references in the next version of the control. I understand those are rarely used, but there are some people who use them.

Thanks,

Yuriy

Hi,

We will discuss your request and determine when to add this feature.