Issues with the PPTX->PDF linux conversion

Hello Aspose support
We are experiencing a problem when converting PPTX file using Aspose.Slides for Java into PDF format.
The original PPTX file contains embedded EMF/WMF images as well as shapes and text boxes.
The problem is that when we run conversion on Windows PC then the PDF file looks almost identical to the original, but when we run the same conversion on Linux/JBoss then some elements of the source file are missing in the resulted PDF.

Specifically:

1. Embedded WMF pictures do not appear in PDF

2. Content for some text boxes disappear while content for other text boxes does get through into the PDF file
We use:
- Aspose.Slides for Java 8.2.0
- Windows XP
- Red Hat 4.4.7-3, JBoss 5.2.0.1

The code we are using to the conversion is very simple:

PresentationEx pres = new PresentationEx("C:\\temp\\a\\new\\original.pptx");
pres.save("C:\\temp\\a\\new\\windowsConverted.pdf", com.aspose.slides.SaveFormat.Pdf);

The original and generated files are attached.
Can you please advise if we need to do anything specific for running the conversion on Linux or if it is a bug in Aspose.Slides 8.2.0 .

Thank you.
Kind regards,
Michal Wasiak

Hi Michal Wasiak,

I have observed the presentation file shared by you and have observed the generated PDF files on my end. As per your statement that in Windows the PDF is rendered fine where as the in Linux there is rendering issue, the issue is arising due to missing fonts in Linux environment. The title font used is Calibri and I suggest you to please copy that from Windows and use that in your application externally in Linux by using the following sample code.

FontsLoader.loadExternalFonts(new String[]{fontpath});
PresentationEx pres = new PresentationEx(“original.pptx”);
pres.save(“LinuxConverted.pdf”, com.aspose.slides.SaveFormat.Pdf);

I hope this will work on your end. If there is still an issue then please share the exact JDK version with us for further investigation.

Many Thanks,

Hi

Thank you for your help, after copying the font it works!

But can I ask what about first part of my issue: lack of conversion of embedded EMF/WMF files (in attached example on slides 3 and 4) ?
Please assist.

Thanks in advance,

Kind Regards
Michał Wasiak

P.S. we're using jdk-1.7.0_25-x86_64

Hi Michal Wasiak,

I have observed that you have shared the same inquiry in another forum thread has well. I have shared the feedback with you over this forum thread and have also added a ticket in our issue tracking system to investigate it further.

Many Thanks,

Hi

Thank you for your answer. Indeed I've raised another issue, but for us it's not the same thing: this one is about converting, saving PPTX file as PDF, and the other is only extracting images from PPTX. I understand, that it may be the same code responsible for images underneath (can you pleaase confirm that?) but let me repeat: for us it is not the same issue at all!

Thank you

Kind regards,
Michał Wasiak

Hi Michał Wasiak,

Thanks for the clarification regarding PPTX to PDF. I have worked with the presentation file shared and have generated the PDF file using Aspose.Slides for Java 8.3.0 in Windows 7 environment. Please find the attached presentation for your ind reference and share the incurring issues wih us so that I may help you further in this regard.

Many Thanks,

Hi

Thank you for the hint. I’ve checked new Aspose.Slides 8.3.0 on Windows (XP) and I can confirm it works well. The same Aspose.Slides 8.3.0 on Red Hat 4.4.7-3, JBoss 5.2.0.1 still has PPTX to PDF conversion issues I described in the first post. Can you please confirm you’ve checked it on Linux and Slides 8.3.0. still has this PPTX to PDF conversion as described in my original post?

Thank you,
Kind regards,
Michał Wasiak.

Hi Michał Wasiak,

Thanks for sharing the feedback. Can you please share the Linux generated problematic PDF with us so that we may investigate it on our end further to help you out.

Many Thanks,

Hi
Thank you for your answer. In attachment I'm enclosing original PPTX and Linux Converted PDF using Slides 8.3.0

System configuration is as follows:
- Aspose.Slides for Java 8.3.0
- Red Hat 4.4.7-3
- JBoss 5.2.0.1
Thanks
Kind Regards
Michał Wasiak

Hi Michal Wasiak,

Thanks for sharing the details with us. I have been able to observe the issue specified as missing WMF images on slides 3 and 4. An issue with ID SLIDESJAVA-34260 has been created in our issue tracking system to further investigate and resolve the issue. This thread has been linked with the issue so that you may be automatically notified once the issue will be resolved.

We are sorry for your inconvenience,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESJAVA-34260) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.