Issus with PDF Demo (C#)

Following the instructions provided, I created the virtual directory and attempted to build the C# demo. When building, I receive the following error:

Source file C:\Program Files\Aspose\Aspose.Pdf\Demos\Aspose.Pdf.Demos\Service1.asmx.cs could not be opened (The file cannot find the file specified.)

I browsed the installation directory and this file does not appear to be installed.

What can I do to get the demo running?

Thanks,
Pam

Dear Pam,

Thank you for considering Aspose.

The demo does not have such a file. Please make sure you have built the project as described in the readme file in the demo folder.

Yes, I know the demo does not contain that file. That’s the problem!

The C# project file that is installed by the Aspose.Pdf.msi does include references to “Service1”. I have since removed the reference from the project and all appears to be well.

I have included a snippet of the Aspose.Pdf.Demos.csproj as it is installed by your installation program. (You can view the file by opening it in Notepad…) If you’ll notice below, the offending reference to Service1 does appear.

<File
RelPath = “Service1.asmx”
SubType = “Form”
BuildAction = “Content”
/>
<File
RelPath = “Service1.asmx.cs”
DependentUpon = “Service1.asmx”
SubType = “Component”
BuildAction = “Compile”
/>
<File
RelPath = “Service1.asmx.resx”
DependentUpon = “Service1.asmx.cs”
BuildAction = “EmbeddedResource”
/>

Thanks,
Pam

Dear Pam,

Thank you for the detailed info. I will check this problem and update the msi file.

Dear Pam,

Thank you for considering Aspose.

I have updated the msi.