It took 1.5 mins and 5.6GB memory consumption to open and resave a 30 slides ppt

Hi,

When I’m using Aspose.Slides, I found the memory consumption is unexpectedly high. It took 1.5 minutes and 5.6GB memory to just open and save a 30 slides, 33MB PPTX document.

Code:

Console.WriteLine(DateTime.Now); // start time
var ppt = new Presentation(@“test.pptx”);
ppt.Save(@“testresave.pptx”, SaveFormat.Pptx);
Process proc = Process.GetCurrentProcess();
Console.WriteLine("Memory consumption: " + proc.PrivateMemorySize64); // print out the memory consumption in bytes
Console.WriteLine(DateTime.Now); // end time

Due to the upload size limit, I have shared the test file in

Also I’ve attached a screenshot of the memory consumption and the duration for your reference.
image.png (7.2 KB)

It is quite usual that we use such scale of presentation documents (the size was mainly because of the office charts used here), but the time spent and memory consumption to manipulate the pptx makes the Aspose.Slides unusable. Could you please help me check this?

Thanks,

@ServerSide527,

I have worked with presentation file shared by you and have been able to observe the issue specified. An issue with ID SLIDESNET-40686 has been created in our issue tracking system to further investigate and resolve the issue. This thread has been linked with the issue so that you may be notified once the issue will be fixed.

Hello,

May we have an update on this issue?

Please note that the issue doesn’t only happen when re-saving to PPTX, it also happens when re-saving the same file to PDF by using the similar code

ppt.Save(@“testresave.pptx”, SaveFormat.Pdf);
(other code are the same as the initial ticket and the test file is the same)

The re-saving to PDF issue now affects clients in production because we rely on Aspose to create PDF from PowerPoint document (which is also the main reason we are using Aspose.Slides), but such high consumption significantly affects their server performance. Please take that into account when fixing the issue.

Thanks,

@ServerSide527

There have been many performance upgrades in API. Can you please try using latest Aspose.Slides for .NET 20.9 on your end and share feedback with us.

@mudassir.fayyaz yes I was using the latest Aspose.Slides 20.9.0 and I still observed the issue.

@ServerSide527

You have probably escalated the issue to Enterprise Support forum as well. The priority of the issue has been escalated to Enterprise level. We will share the good news with you as soon as the issue will be fixed.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESNET-40686) have been fixed in this update. This message was posted using Bugs notification tool by stanislav.miroshnichenko1