We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Italic is marked as true even if it is not set in excel

Hi,

Steps to reproduce:

  1. Create a named range with some text
  2. Set “Brush Script MT” font
  3. Import a document

PFA image:
image.png (17.6 KB)

Thanks

@mrastenis,
Thank you for your query.

We have tried this scenario using one sample file generated as per your suggestions and following sample code but could not observe the issue as Italic flag is shown as FALSE. Please give it a try and share the feedback. If your issue is not resolved, share your sample code and template file with us for testing. We will reproduce the scenario here and share our feedback.

Workbook workbook = new Workbook("Book1.xlsx");
Console.WriteLine(workbook.Worksheets[0].Cells[0,0].GetStyle().Font.IsItalic);

Book1.xlsx.zip (6.8 KB)

Please try our latest version/fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET v20.1.9 (attached)
Aspose.Cells20.1.9 For .Net2_AuthenticodeSigned.Zip (5.0 MB)
Aspose.Cells20.1.9 For .Net4.0.Zip (5.0 MB)

Hi,

Thanks for a quick reply. It seems that you are using a wrong font. Could please try again with the attached document:
Copy of Book1.zip (6.2 KB)

Thanks

@mrastenis,
I have verified my test file “Book1.xlsx” and it is using correct font i.e. Brush Script MT as shown in the attached image. Could you please share how are you creating this file at your end? Are you using Aspose.Cells (provide version) to create this file or using MS Excel (provide version) for creating this template file? Your ‘Copy of Book1.xlsx’ file shows this error that IsItalic is returned TRUE but we need to know how this file is created. Please share the steps with us for creating this file. Once we are able to create this file here, we will log an issue for further investigation.
Screen Shot 2020-02-11 at 9.29.14 PM.jpg (76.1 KB)

Maybe it’s because we are using different operating systems, but on windows 10 your document uses “Brush Script MT Italic” font, not “Brush Script MT”. I’ve created this file using MS excel on windows 10.

PFA image:
image.png (28.4 KB)

@mrastenis,
We were able to observe the issue but we need to look into it more. We have logged the issue in our database for investigation and for a fix. Once, we will have some news for you, we will update you in this topic.

This issue has been logged as

CELLSNET-47164 – IsItalic property detected different than MS Excel

@mrastenis,

Please try our latest version/fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET v20.1.11 (attached)

Your issue should be fixed in it.

Let us know your feedback.
Aspose.Cells20.1.11 For .Net2_AuthenticodeSigned.Zip (5.0 MB)
Aspose.Cells20.1.11 For .Net4.0.Zip (5.0 MB)
Aspose.Cells20.1.11 For .NetStandard20.Zip (4.1 MB)

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-47164) have been fixed in Aspose.Cells for .NET v20.2. This message was posted using Bugs notification tool by Amjad_Sahi

Are you planning on implementing the same fix for Aspose.Cells for Java?

@mrastenis,

We fix issues in .NET first and Java versions/builds are ported from .NET as the codebase is same. So, the similar fix should be included in latest Java version. Please try using our latest Aspose.Cells for Java v20.2.x and let us know your feedback.

I can still reproduce the same issue with apose cells for java 20.2

@mrastenis,

You are right, it looks like the fix was not included in Java release or is somehow skipped. I used the following sample code and it gives “true”:

Workbook workbook = new Workbook("f:\\files\\Copy of Book1.xlsx");
        System.out.println(workbook.getWorksheets().get(0).getCells().get(0,0).getStyle().getFont().isItalic());

I have logged a ticket with an id “CELLSJAVA-43144” for your issue. We will look into it soon.

Once we have an update on it, we will let you know.

@mrastenis,

Please try our latest version/fix: Aspose.Cells for Java v20.2.6 (attached)

Your issue “CELLSJAVA-43144” should bed fixed in it.

Let us know your feedback.

aspose-cells-20.2.6-java.zip (7.0 MB)

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSJAVA-43144) have been fixed in Aspose.Cells for Java v20.3. This message was posted using Bugs notification tool by ahsaniqbalsidiqui