Items not being found in PST or OST

A couple of months ago, I entered a ticket concerning being able to see that a folder in an OST had subfolders, but not actually access those subfolders. That ticket generated issue EMAILNET-34817, which was then resolved in the Aspose.Email for .NET 5.5.0 release.

After installing that version of the ibrary, I can now see the folders under the “Finder” folder, and access their contents.

However, I am still finding that there are individual items in both PSTs and OSTs that cannot be retrieved using Aspose, but can be retrieved using another product (IndependentSoft). These items have MessageClass values such as ‘IPM.Microsoft.FolderDesign.NamedView’, ‘IPM.Configuration.Calendar’ and ‘IPM.Microsoft.WunderBar.Link’.

I have attached both an OST and PST (saved as zip files) that demonstrate the differences between what the two products find, as well as Excel spreadsheets listing the differences. I have also attached a text file with a simplified version of the code I used to walk the PST/OST using Aspose and IndependentSoft

Hi Tony,

Thank you for writing to Aspose support team again.

I have tried your sample code but could not compile it due to compilation errors and missing definition of “ProcessFoldersWithIsoft()”. Could you please send us a complete console application which can be compiled and executed here to reproduce the scenario here? It will help us to observe the issue and provide assistance accordingly.

Muhammad, I apologize for any confusion. The code sample I attached was meant to be more pseudo-code, illustrating the process I was using to walk the mail store, and not an actual runnable application. I have sent you an email with a zip file attached that contains a complete console application that should help you.

Hi Tony,

We have received your sample application via our email and are investigating this issue at our end. We shall soon share our findings here with you about this problem.

Hi Tony,

Thank you for providing the sample project. I have executed this project and was able to observe the difference in both the libraries. This issue is logged in our bug tracking system for further investigation by the product team under id: EMAILNET-34958. I shall write here as soon as some feedback is received in this regard.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as EMAILNET-34958) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.