Japanese character widths differ while saving PPTX in PDF using Aspose.Slides for .NET

Saving the pptx with Japanese characters in a pdf file the character widths is different.
I have created a simple project to replicate the issue, see the attachment.

Hi Andrea,

Thank you for posting.

I have observed your comments and have worked with the data shared by you. I have been able to notice the issue and it appears to be a problem with font. I request you to please try loading the font “MS%20Pゴシック (Body)” externally as explained in this documentation article. If the issue persists then please share with us the font file as a zip file so that we may investigate it further to help you out.

Best Regards,

Hi Adnan Ahmad
where I can find the font "MS%20Pゴシック (Body)" ?
Anyway, when I save the document to pdf from a Office PowerPoint the output is correct!

Br,
Andrea Gasparin

Hi Andrea,

I have observed your comments and like to share with you that MS Office contains many fonts in it so the PDF is rendered fine with MS Office. This font is not installed in your environment that is why issue is appearing with Aspose.Slides. You may download the font from any source over the internet and then try loading that font externally as explained by me, earlier.

Please let us know if the issue persists. We will be glad to help you further.

Best Regards,
Hi Adnan Ahmad,
Can you give me a link to downoad the font "MS%20Pゴシック (Body)" ?

Br,
Andrea Gasparin

Hi Andrea,

I have worked over your requirements and have found out that the issue persists even after loading the fonts externally. A ticket with ID SLIDESNET-37325 has been logged into our issue management system for further investigation and resolution. This thread has been linked with the issue so that you may be notified automatically as soon as the issue will be fixed.

We are sorry for your inconvenience,

Hi, is there any progress on this?
Thanks

@andreaghirardello,

I have verified the issue status and regret to share that the concerned issue is blocked owing to missing API feature support. We request for your patience till the time the concerned support gets available in API and issues gets resolved.

Hi Support,
Can you move this ticket (OP-4948) to the paid support helpdesk?
Thanks in advance

@andreagasparin,

I like to share that Paid support does expedite the issue resolution process. If you have paid support subscription, you may share the issue detail in paid help desk and they shall be able to share further feedback in this regard.

Hi Support,
My customer ask me about this case and I tried to verify if the last version of Aspose.Slides improves the quality of pdf output.
Unfortunately the issue persist, so I have created a new project (OP-4948.zip) to replicate the issue and a pdf (Compare.pdf) that compares the pdf created be Aspose.Slides and PowerPoint.
Please let me know there is a possibility that it will be resolved.
Thanks in advance

Compare.pdf (603.6 KB)
OP-4948.zip (52.2 KB)

@andreagasparin,

I have observed your comments and regret to inform that issue is still unresolved. The issue is blocked owing to missing implementation in Aspose.Slides for .NET. It will be first investigate and resolve in that issue and than in this issue. We will share good news with you soon.

Hi Adnan Ahmad,
In the Release Notes of the Aspose.Slides 19.2 is written that the SLIDESNET-37325 “Japanese character widths differ in PDF output” bug was solved!
I tried to check if the problem is solved using Aspose.Slides 19.3, but unfortunatly the pdf output is wrong (same of before versions).
Please can you check the SLIDESNET-37325 issue?
Thanks.

@andreagasparin,

I have tried exporting your presentation to PDF using your sample solution and have obtained following output using Aspose.Slides for .NET 19.3. I don’t see any broken text issue in PDF. Can you please elaborate any issue in generated output.

output.pdf (7.5 KB)

Hi Mudassir Fayyaz,
Thanks for your quick answer.
Please, can you try to check this issue using the project attached on November 2018: OP-4948.zip
I have the issue using this project.

@andreagasparin,

I have worked with sample project and have been able to observe issue. We have reopened this issue to further investigate and help you out.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESNET-37325) have been fixed in this update.