Japanese not displaying correctly when going from DOC to PDF #2

I am also having the problem when converting from DOC to PDF, that any latin words (in my case they are names) that are mixed in with the japanese get wrapped in the middle of the word. It looks right in Microsoft Word, but after I use Aspose to go to PDF the PDF is different.

Hi Vanna,

Thanks for your inquiry.

Please note that Aspose.Words requires TrueType fonts when rendering documents to fixed-page formats (JPEG, PNG, PDF or XPS). You need to install fonts on the machine where you're converting documents to Pdf. Please refer to the following articles:

How Aspose.Words Uses True Type Fonts

If you still face problem, please embed the fonts inside your input document and share it here for testing. We will investigate the issue on our side and provide you more information. To embed a TrueType font in a saved document in Microsoft Office Word 2016, follow these steps:

• First, select the File option from the Word ribbon at the top of the screen.
  • From the options bar on the left-hand side, choose Options.
  • A Word Options window will come up. Select the Save option from the banner on the left-hand side.
  • Under Preserve fidelity when sharing this document select the check box next to Embed fonts in the file. Then click OK.

I was using an Open Type font. I have now switched to a True Type font (MS Mincho), and it did fix some of my problems, but not all…

Attached is an example of it not working.

The .docx file is what it looks like before Aspose converts to .PDF (notice the name “Henry B. Eyring” wraps correctly)

Then I’ve attached three PDFs.

- Version 15.1 is the version of Aspose that I currently have, notice how it is breaking in the middle of the name.

- Version 16.4 is the newest version my license allows me to use, but things just get worse - it puts stuff all on one line.

- Version 16.11 is the newest version (which i don’t have a license for), but it does the same thing as 16.4

Thanks for taking a look at this!
Hi Vanna,

Thanks for sharing the detail. We have tested the scenario and have managed to reproduce the same issue at our side. For the sake of correction, we have logged this problem in our issue tracking system as WORDSNET-14584. You will be notified via this forum thread once this issue is resolved.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

Do you have a time estimate on how long before this fix (WORDSNET-14584) might be done? This is a production issue for us. We will be renewing our license so we can get the update. Thanks!

Hi Vanna,

Thanks for your inquiry. Currently, your issue is pending for analysis and is in the queue. Once our product team completes the analysis of your issue, we will then be able to provide you an estimate.

Thanks for your patience and understanding.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-14584) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for .NET 19.8 update and this Aspose.Words for Java 19.8 update.