DOCX to PDF conversion using Java | java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError

Upgrading from Aspose.Words 20.10 to 20.11 in Java. Some tests are failing due to the following exception:

java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: ‘void com.aspose.words.shaping.harfbuzz.HB.hb_buffer_set_flags(long, int)’

Previous upgrades have never come across this issue and there’s nothing in the release notes indicating any changes to the harfbuzz library that requires additional configuration.

Any ideas what is going on?

@theguyfromtheplace

Please remove older version of Aspose.Words and install the latest version of Aspose.Words for Java from Maven Repository. Hope this helps you.

If you still face problem, please ZIP and attach your input Word document along with code example that you are using. We will investigate the issue and provide you more information on it.

@tahir.manzoor

Older versions are removed. I am using aspose-words-20.11-jdk17.jar and aspose-words-20.11-shaping-harfbuzz-plugin.jar from Maven.

This is running on Debian 10 (buster), with OpenJDK 11 which has Harfbuzz library version 2.3.1.
Does Aspose.Words 20.11 require a newer version of the Harfbuzz library?

Out of curiosity, I tried mixing and matching the JAR files, and using the 20.10 Harfbuzz plugin JAR file, but the 20.11 version of the main Aspose.Words JAR and didn’t have this problem.

Interestingly enough, I extracted the contents of the Harfbuzz plugin JAR file for both 20.10 and 20.11. The only difference between the native calls to Harfbuzz from HB.class was the addition of the hb_buffer_set_flags native function in 20.11, which is exactly what this is failing on.

@theguyfromtheplace

Please use the same version of aspose-words-20.12-jdk17.jar and aspose-words-20.12-shaping-harfbuzz-plugin.jar to avoid this issue.

We have added automation code in the Main Maven POM file . When you run this POM file, it will automatically choose the correct JDK version and also download the plugin (if needed) for advanced HarfBuzz Shaper based Typography. Hope, this helps.

A post was split to a new topic: DOCX to PDF conversion throws java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError